New Everton Stadium Discussion

SC won't stop being viable - the council can't get rid of it, it's like Father Jack festering in the corner. But the money involved getting this far with BM means the club are heavily invested in it. It would take a major, project-ended event for us to walk away now.

And of course it's time bound, of which I'm sure the club are aware, but they'd very easily point to the lack of other suitors if Peel ask us to get a move on.

The bold bit is exactly my point as to why I'm confused this is getting out now.

This is a club where exactly what you've just described happened to Destination Kirkby and King's Dock. I'd have thought we'd have learned.

I'd have understood it if we had to get this info out for some reason, but I can't see any reason why we would.

So my question is simply this - why isn't the exclusivity period covered by an NDA, which is standard procedure, and the work continues in the background to get everything in place; then announce the whole thing?

Why would anyone do an announcement at 5pm?
Makes not sense at all........think that's a bit of a red herring.
I think we've had what we're getting for today.
A little underwhelming but positive

There is a 5pm announcement. Joe Anderson is briefing movers and shakers at the council not in the loop this afternoon before going public.

It's not looking for negatives; it's just confusion.

It's akin to this

ME: Hi mate, can I buy that PS4?
YOU: Yeah, £100 alright?
ME: Sound, can I buy it once I've bought the games for it?
YOU: Yeah I'll wait here.
ME: Nice one, back in a few years.

... that just doesn't seem like news to me!

For me, I'd have kept this quiet (easily done via NDA's by all parties) and announced when stadium funds are in place the whole thing.

Maybe that'll still happen today, but if not it's just underwhelming because nothing has actually happened of substance.

More like this

Me : Hi mate, I was thinking about buying that PS4 or a old shoe with a bit of poo on it but I can't decide.
You : Ok
Me : Right Ive decided I want the PS4, can I give you the cash after I have been the post office to cash me giro?
You : Sound

It's not looking for negatives; it's just confusion.

It's akin to this

ME: Hi mate, can I buy that PS4?
YOU: Yeah, £100 alright?
ME: Sound, can I buy it once I've bought the games for it?
YOU: Yeah I'll wait here.
ME: Nice one, back in a few years.

... that just doesn't seem like news to me!

For me, I'd have kept this quiet (easily done via NDA's by all parties) and announced when stadium funds are in place the whole thing.

Maybe that'll still happen today, but if not it's just underwhelming because nothing has actually happened of substance.
I know mate there is a long way to go, but i cant see them making announcements and buying land without them doing their homework about financing/funding etc.... This will already be in place..