New Everton Stadium Discussion

And it will basically result in people fuming at the club cause they never announced it on the 14th, but once they have realised it wasnt ever the clubs intention, they'll be fumed at for not announcing it wasnt. Then it'll be said it was always going to be end of March anyway. Wait.... repeat.....
the only people fuming will be about 5 dolts on here

And it will basically result in people fuming at the club cause they never announced it on the 14th, but once they have realised it wasnt ever the clubs intention, they'll be fumed at for not announcing it wasnt. Then it'll be said it was always going to be end of March anyway. Wait.... repeat.....
Apart from the few usual moaning mingebags on here mate, i doubt anyone is going to seriously fume if it's not anounced on or around that date.
We were assured by @The Esk last August that it would be announced in October...then November...then when the Accounts came out...and then definitely at the AGM!
...So I'm sure most of us have become immune to stadium announcement false dawns.
Even the most sceptical amongst us must surely know that this feels different to past stadium debacles & it is very likely that an announcement is coming soon!
...so speculating on the actual date of the announcement (for me at least) is just a bit of fun & something to look forward to while we wait. ;)

Apart from the few usual moaning mingebags on here mate, i doubt anyone is going to seriously fume if it's not anounced on or around that date.
We were assured by @The Esk last August that it would be announced in October...then November...then when the Accounts came out...and then definitely at the AGM!
...So I'm sure most of us have become immune to stadium announcement false dawns.
Even the most sceptical amongst us must surely know that this feels different to past stadium debacles & it is very likely that an announcement is coming soon!
...so speculating on the actual date of the announcement (for me at least) is just a bit of fun & something to look forward to while we wait. ;)

As soon as they know something, they will tell us, I find it silly that it would have a "date", when its done, they will let us know.

Yes. All we're going to get at this mythical mid-March conference is more of the "we hope to have a stadium development as part of the Liverpool Waters development," guff.
True, but this is arguably the biggest announcement in the club's history. We need to think about announcing something before associated parties let something slip. It needs to be on our terms.

As soon as they know something, they will tell us, I find it silly that it would have a "date", when its done, they will let us know.

This is it exactly, they'll be working to project milestone, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time in construction that that has slipped, if it indeed has/will. We'll know at some point.

True, but this is arguably the biggest announcement in the club's history. We need to think about announcing something before associated parties let something slip. It needs to be on our terms.

And because this is arguably the biggest announcement in the clubs history, it should be announced when the time is right and when there is something concrete to confirm.

There's no point in a half arsed 'we're waiting on planning permission' twitter announcement to appease some fans. I want fireworks and strippers

And because this is arguably the biggest announcement in the clubs history, it should be announced when the time is right and when there is something concrete to confirm.

There's no point in a half arsed 'we're waiting on planning permission' twitter announcement to appease some fans. I want fireworks and strippers
So do I, but we're not the only party involved here. If some merseyrail goon let's slip that a new stadium is definitely being built for Everton's new ground, or plans for surveys are leaked, etc, then we won't have the chance to give it the razzamatazz.