New Everton Stadium Discussion

I know literally next to nothing about building.

Would it take ages to drain the dock and build all the foundations with plumbing etc. or is a good thing that we don't need to dig?

Practicalities folks, practicalities.
Had the same thought yesterday. Probably quite easy to drain the dock, and if the dock base is sound, it should save a fair bit of excavation work.

I know literally next to nothing about building.

Would it take ages to drain the dock and build all the foundations with plumbing etc. or is a good thing that we don't need to dig?

Practicalities folks, practicalities.

There's already docks filled in within the port estate, plus peel have just built a new Quay in the Merseyside by installing a dock wall, draining and infilling so it's been established that's it's possible.

Had the same thought yesterday. Probably quite easy to drain the dock, and if the dock base is sound, it should save a fair bit of excavation work.

Could it be that the dock wouldn't be infilled but rather it could be a partially sunken stadium like Milan are proposing ?
http://www.globalconstructionreview.com/news/arup-unveils-ac-milan-sunken-stadium-re8de8ve8l8op/

There's already docks filled in within the port estate, plus peel have just built a new Quay in the Merseyside by installing a dock wall, draining and infilling so it's been established that's it's possible.

Here's the Peel video showing how the new Liverpool 2 terminal was to be created from the river so draining an existing dock will be fairly easy in comparision.

Last edited:
Could it be that the dock wouldn't be infilled but rather it could be a partially sunken stadium like Milan are proposing ?
http://www.globalconstructionreview.com/news/arup-unveils-ac-milan-sunken-stadium-re8de8ve8l8op/

Here's the Peel video showing how the new Liverpool 2 terminal was to be created from the river so draining an existing dock will be fairly easy in comparision.

Yeah I've seen that video, been involves with aspects of the development so seen the site progress over the years. It was incredible to see how it's changed

I posted a video a few months back in which Dan Meis was talking about stadiums athat are sunken to minimise impact and maximise usage. I'll search it out.

Edit.

Page 989ish

Its an interesting video and is a good insight into his ideas. There is also a recording of a lecture of his posted by somebody else on here a short while afterwards.

This was posted on an architectural forum the other day - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p

The post said -
Support the Doka's
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 165
I think Liverpool Waters is on the edge of happening now. From what I hear, a 5 star hotel have signed on to take the site of the temporary cruise terminal once it moves across to it's new base, Everton are very close to agreeing terms to take the BMD site, and the Royal Albert Hall have agreed to anchor a cultural building next to the new IOM terminal. Add that to the Hive and Moda PRS schemes, and Peel's own PRS kit which is all happening, I think you have the start of a scheme that will change the face of the city forever!

This was posted on an architectural forum the other day - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p

The post said -
Support the Doka's
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 165
I think Liverpool Waters is on the edge of happening now. From what I hear, a 5 star hotel have signed on to take the site of the temporary cruise terminal once it moves across to it's new base, Everton are very close to agreeing terms to take the BMD site, and the Royal Albert Hall have agreed to anchor a cultural building next to the new IOM terminal. Add that to the Hive and Moda PRS schemes, and Peel's own PRS kit which is all happening, I think you have the start of a scheme that will change the face of the city forever!

Skyscraper city is not an architectural forum, while there is some on there who do have genuine info, many of them dont know anymore than what they've read elsewhere.

I deliver to Portbury Docks most days, and its always a bit awesome with a few massive ships in, and the size of the place.

But Liverpool Docks are unbelievably big. Or were anyrate.

I remember as a kid being taken around the docks. I was struck with a sense of awe just being told about the volume of ships and cargoes that passed through. The docks made Liverpool one of the worlds greatest cities a long time ago, it would be nice if the docks provided the impetus to drive Everton to former glories.......

I remember as a kid being taken around the docks. I was struck with a sense of awe just being told about the volume of ships and cargoes that passed through. The docks made Liverpool one of the worlds greatest cities a long time ago, it would be nice if the docks provided the impetus to drive Everton to former glories.......

The back page of the Echo wasn't about football..........It was filled with information about the whereabouts of ships that had either left Liverpool or were on the way here..