New Everton Stadium Discussion

Sorry mate, as much as you're a very respected member of the forum, I'm gonna take what you say with a pinch of salt after the debacle of last summer's transfer window predictions.

Not that you'll be one bit arsed about my opinion ;)
stoning.jpg

I think it was the leader of the council that mentioned a "£300m" project, surely in the Brexit environment and with our hopes for an "iconic" stadium with circa. 60k capacity, it is going to cost significantly more? I know nothing about stadium design and construction, but I would imagine that £300m wouldn't go particularly far these days.

Spurs' new stadium must be costing at least twice that, if not more.

Apologies if already posted, but if anyone had an analysis of the projected costs and how Everton (in theory) propose to raise the finance, I would be very interested in reading.

They are the words of someone very much part of the process ;)
I really hope that you and your source are right and, if so, a "statement" stadium would be perfect on the docks.
However, the potential infrastructure issues with the site and surrounding area would surely mean a 5 to 7 year total development time?

'Iconic' is going to be the most apt description of our new stadium.

It will become an iconic building, let alone stadium in its own right. It will provide the city and the club the sort of identity the Sydney Opera House provides Sydney.
Not to be facetious but rather a genuine question of curiosity, but are you referring to it being iconic in principle because what they desire?

Or due to being at a stage whereby there is an actual design that itself suggests it will be iconic? How long has Meis been involved etc?

I really hope that you and your source are right and, if so, a "statement" stadium would be perfect on the docks.
However, the potential infrastructure issues with the site and surrounding area would surely mean a 5 to 7 year total development time?

Probably why the plans for Goodison came in, going to be there for a while yet so might as well have it look to potential investors, players etc....

Does anyone on here own any properties around the proposed site?

'Iconic' is going to be the most apt description of our new stadium.

It will become an iconic building, let alone stadium in its own right. It will provide the city and the club the sort of identity the Sydney Opera House provides Sydney.

Surely that's overstating it a little bit..... It could be said the Sydney opera house defines a country, not just a city.

Maybe something along the lines of..... It could be as iconic to the Liverpool skyline as the Marina Bay Sands hotel is to Singapore... would be more apt.

Defining, creative and unique.