New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was the case we surely wouldn’t be appointing Rafael Benitez as our manager would we? Experience wise, which is what I believe the club are looking towards, we could do a lot better couldn’t we? Why would the club who have just lost one of the biggest names in European football set out to replace him with a manager who’s reputation has been on a big decline since the late 2010s solely?

I just find it hard to believe we have dismissed other better experienced options just to bring him here.

I do believe there is an element of managers being put off with our reputation of dismissals so early on and fan unrest. That doesn’t mean all will be put off but I’d say it also plays some significance

As I say it will be interesting to see who Tottenham get, they haven’t had any joy replacing Mourinho with an experienced head.

Im just trying to figure out and make sense in the boards decision making in all of this. I’m at the point in my time supporting this club of genuinely not being fussed anymore, it’s not worth the agro.
If other managers can't understand why we sacked Koeman, Fat Sam and Silva then they shouldn't be managing at all.

Palace are owned by billionaires if they wanted to offer some bloke from Sporting Lisbon or S.America a contract he would be there.

The worst thing about the pandemic is people have become spoonfed nonsense online and take everything as gospel. Moshiri apparently signed Iwobi is a belter I heard a few days back.

The club are partly to blame for that as they dont communicate enough with the fans but I cant take any fan seriously who believes Everton are turning down offers from top class managers just to purposely wind up the fans, or better yet "I would rather be under Blue Bill at least the club still had its soul NSNO".
dont think so mate - they had Hodgson as their manager - thats their level.

Its not mate its reality.

If it wasnt Spurs and Palace would be holding interviews with Kovac, Ten Hag, Gallardo, Anorim etc. but they aint they are sniffing around Viera, Gattuso and Nuno.

Ask yourself why that is.

How do you know what clubs have interviewed who?

Viera only came to light today. You only know what the media tell you. How do you know that Gattuso was even interviewed by Spurs? Because some twitter media outlet said so? Do you 100% know that?

Any of the managers above might have been interviewed by any of us, Spurs or Palace.

Find it mad how you're telling us who the clubs "haven't" interviewed, when in reality you haven't got a clue.

Honestly, I think Usmanov spoke with his mate Roman and decided that Benitez was his man. And that was that. I can't think of any other scenario that makes any sense. I'm 90% certain we're just Usmanov's toy to do with as he pleases.

Everything is a possibility. Everything being said is conjecture.

We can only assume and guess their reasons for choosing him and the only logical reason I have is they think he’s the best of what’s available to them.

We honestly don’t know if they put the feelers out for others or if others with more experience, better reputations etc... were interested.

Anyone after Ancelotti was always going to be a major downgrade in terms of experience and reputation, something it seems the club are persisting with going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.