New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way will the government allow it. It would be crazy until all the jabs have been done. They might be expecting permission for bigger attendances in which case there will still be ballots.
Well full attendance’s is what the PL are expecting .
I mean theatres and nightclubs are also expecting to be fully opened after the 19th July, that’s what the government has said with the removal of all legal restrictions on that date.
145,000 spectators are already being allowed into the upcoming British GP.
So hard luck, you’ll have to attend the FSW welcoming party with the rest of us mugs.

I'm all for him being blunt and honest with the players. He has to manage that properly though.

Koeman was blunt but it was a tactic on his part to deflect blame away from him. That didn't work with Koemans liking for afternoon and all-day golfing.

A manager can only call out bad attitude and poor performance if his own attitude and work ethic are above reproach. I hope and expect Benitez is savvy enough to realize that, I expect he is streetwise enough that he is.

It will be difficult for him to put his head above the parapet in a general sense but I do want him to tackle this attitude problem. He cannot allow some of the players to deflect that back on him.

Last edited:

From Rafael past records, he is a good manager. Although he is past manager of Liverpool fc, it happened more than 10 years ago, and it is his job only, if he can bring us a champion, I don't care he charged which team in the past. It absolutely will be a good try for us.

Was more welcomed at the club than at the Pit towards the end of his life
Yeah, when he'd left the cult, apparently Paisley took umbrage at him trying to "offer his advice" and wanting a seat on the board.
But he started the entitled status of the rs while he was manager.

I know mate , I believe it was just the same before the Titanic sunk
Well it's light years from Spurs efforts. People may have been angry and frustrated but we haven't been openly knocked back by anyone, let alone half a bus full of managers as Spurs have, knowing in April they needed someone.

They are a running joke this summer from a starting position that was much more advantageous than ours.

I'm all for him being blunt and honest with the players. He has to manage that properly though.

Koeman was blunt but it was a tactic on his part to deflect blame away from him. That didn't work with Koemans liking for afternoon and all-day golfing.

A manager can only call out bad attitude and poor performance if his own attitude and work ethic are above approach. I hope and expect Benitez is savvy enough to realize that, I expect he is streetwise enough that he is.

It will be difficult for him to put his head above the parapet in a general sense but I do want him to tackle this attitude problem. He cannot allow some of the players to deflect that back on him.
The problem that he'll have if he wants to be a disciplinarian, beyond the obvious observation that these millionaire loafers don't care as long as they keep getting paid, is that the players know that the crowd won't give Benitez any cover, they're not going to be on his side. So, if he drops a player, for example, and the team loses, the player can mouth off on Twitter or via his agent and a proportion of the fans will support the player over the manager. It's just a terrible appointment for a dozen different reasons not just the "small club" meme that all the Benitez fans have latched on to as the "only" reason people like me don't want him. I can't see a scenario where he succeeds here. He'll always be three bad results away from mutiny in the stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.