New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave, I think the plan is to give the job to Benitez for a couple of seasons and then replace him with Ferguson.

I hope I haven't ruined your weekend now.
More like he gets the job for 18 months, gets sacked and just before we announce the next manager it comes out Dunc is being kept on in his coaching role with the next guy....and repeat

More like he gets the job for 18 months, gets sacked and just before we announce the next manager it comes out Dunc is being kept on in his coaching role with the next guy....and repeat
Dunc will be here on his 70th birthday still thinking that he'll get the managers job "next time".

Circumstantial though. In a close league if we were playing very exciting football and building a team I’d take being a few points off Europa at xmas season 2. Playing crap football and being fifth because we fluked a few games isn’t so great, ask Sheffield United a season on!

But that's the problem, some won't see it like that.

It's the foundations rather than the league aims for me now. 3 seasons to have a solid squad with depth and an identity where we are a hard team to play against, that no team likes to play.

That's not glossy football either, that's a team playing how it needs to get results against all teams consistently.

Then we can talk about quality.

Re Kenwright, I think the process has probably shown to him quite clearly, his role is now ornamental.

If he's against the appointment he should stand down.

I know he'll always have his supporters but it'll be damaging to his reputation for anyone 'in the middle' on his chairmanship.

That goes for any other employees at the club who disagree. But I suspect they like the prestige / power / money.

It's the foundations rather than the league aims for me now. 3 seasons to have a solid squad with depth and an identity where we are a hard team to play against, that no team likes to play.

That's not glossy football either, that's a team playing how it needs to get results against all teams consistently.

Let’s say we snuck into Europe last season, I think in hindsight I may have rather had Leeds’ season.
Exciting attacking football, some big scalps, a young growing team who work together - next season they can build on that.
Look at our squad, disjointed, slow, no width… we need a huge overhaul and Europe would’ve painted over the cracks unless we have a huge clear out and bring in 6+ new players

So your aspiration is 3 years of defensive solidity where we nick the odd 1-0 win. This is why we deserve Benitez, Moyes absolutely ruined the mentality of this club all the way through to the fans. When we won the league we played with some verve, do you think Man City when they made the unlikely attempt to smash their way into the top spots in the league thought "let's just be tough to beat"? Did they balls. Small time thinking, leads to small time outcomes. It's no wonder you want "small club" Benitez in charge. Absolute joke.

Are you really for real. Peter Crouch and Momo Sissoko were very very good signings. Jonjo Shelvey was signed as a 16 year old and is an England International with hundreds of games played in the premier league.

How about use a bit of context with these signings. Murphy and Hanley were brought in for the championship only. A lot of these players were brought in to be backup players like Voronin and Cavalieri. A lot of these players were brought in as standout youngsters such as Paletta, Leto, Insua etc. You don't always strike gold with young players. For every Suso or sterling you're going to get 10 average young players. Players like Muto and Joselu were 5th choice players.
Your mad. A funny mad. Fair play for talking so much nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.