New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very good point. At a work related conference Robert Cuffe, the BBC statistician, was speaking to us and making the valid point that Twitter and social media etc tend to attract extreme ends of the spectrum of opinion and the vast majority of people are somewhere in the middle ground on most things.

Yes I think that's definitely true and not only attract those sort of extremes but also encourage it by the much shortened style of what you can say. It just sort of leads to people making quite basic but strong statements. I don't think it adds a lot of value, but it makes for great content for the provider.

There’s certainly a lot more to it than that. There’s a concern that he isn’t the ‘type’ of manager we need, in that he’s not really got any recent record of improving players etc. There’s the style of play, which isn’t really the type of football Everton fans enjoy (see the mounting criticism of the incredibly popular ancelotti), there’s the concern that he isn’t brands’ choice and therefore will clash with him and cause us more problems, there’s the fact that his stock has plummeted over the last 10 years or so and there’s a school of thought that his type (along with mourinho etc) has been left behind.

You’re right that it’s disingenuous to pretend there’s nothing good about Benitez, but it’s incredibly disingenuous to pretend there’s only one valid reason to be unhappy.
That’s also a fair point. As I said, I think if you remove the RS links he’s probably a pretty beige appointment.

I think a lot of what driver the anger is twitter. I mean I used to think forums were bad, but twitter and other social media sites are just another layer of hell in terms of fewm and anger. It ends up just winding people up more, and you probably can't have the sort of nuanced debates that are required over 280 characters. It's just people shouting catch phrases at each other.

I'd say part of it is an age thing too, you just become more balanced with age. Like you've probably seen this all before not just with Allardyce, but with Kendall MK3. It happens sometimes.

I know people hate things like the Echo and Sky Sports news/Football Focus or whatever, and a lot of the pundits aren't well versed enough but it does at least give a bit of a balanced perspective.

I try not to get too hot under the collar, and look at the fundamentals of each manager. Outside of Mark Hughes, I think all of them have some strengths, and a lot of weaknesses, so you try to balance that out as best you can. Benitez included.
Have you ever tried the Digital Spy forums? Brutal.
Disagreed with someone once and they wished I could have been murdered that very night.

It's clear what he means

Just because the fans don't like something at first doesn't mean that it won't work out well for everyone
Benitez is a awful appointment no matter how u look at it. Just won’t we don’t need us more RS taking the mick when Everton are losing and there saying Agent Rafael and he gonna take u down. It’s a stupid appointment and a waste of money by the club if they do appoint him

Benitez is a awful appointment no matter how u look at it. Just won’t we don’t need us more RS taking the mick when Everton are losing and there saying Agent Rafael and he gonna take u down. It’s a stupid appointment and a waste of money by the club if they do appoint him

Who cares what the RS think?

Also, their fans don't want him at Everton.

For a start he would not take us down, he will get called a agent when we lose, which is not bad as not winning anything since 1995.....26 years is a long time. It has been 34 years since we last won the title.

Rafael was not happy the way they sacked him and I think he wants revenge. If we hired him, he would do his best to try to win something.

It's clear what he means

Just because the fans don't like something at first doesn't mean that it won't work out well for everyone

Its absolutely clear what he means, he is talking utter nonsense!

It will NOT work out well for everyone. Some of us need a massive dose of reality here.

It's not a case of "not liking" something, in some instances it is sheer hatred. At this point certain people will chip in with their usual "oh well that's not right, we shouldn't be so small time, or do whats right for the club not fans" this is all pie in the sky drivel! Not because it is not true, in some instances it absolutely is true, but that does not mean you just ignore it and pretend it is not there. Rightly or wrongly the resentment is there and that is all that matters, nothing else, not his CV, not the fact that some fans are not as angry as others, none of it, his appointment would cause actual literal chaos.

Why are some people not seeing this? It is just how it is. To appoint him would be bordering on utter negligence.

A few egotistical supporters think because they are OK with it then everything will be OK because everybody is as fair minded and reasonable as them is crazy thinking.

Life aint straight, things that involve emotion certainly are not. Worst part of all this, I don't even hate him not really, I hate him in a pantomime way like I do with most rival players etc, I hold no ill will to the bloke and actually commend the fact that he would have the balls to even walk into such a cauldron of hate. But I am also an absolute realist and I genuinely do not understand the people who do not see what the situation is here and how that it will not work.

The owner can do what he likes, he has put the money in to the club, so he can chose who he wants. If the Fans are so bothered then they should buy the club and put there money where there mouth is.

Wow...

Of course he can do what he likes. I have not once said this.

He can do what he likes and there will be utter mayhem if he does this.

What are you not getting here? It would be a dumb move for him and for the club.

The reds have took the mick for 20yrs. What if he does well?

I’ve said for a few days I’d have Rafael over Nuno or the likes of Howe. I know that won’t go well with the majority on here.

Obviously Conte would be the perfect choice. Galtier or Hen tag would be interesting. Fonseca who knows. but I think it will be Nuno or Rafael. And Rafael for me

That’s also a fair point. As I said, I think if you remove the RS links he’s probably a pretty beige appointment.

Rafael has always been a revolving door manager, that's the way he works, constant stream of players in and out. The one that sticks out for me was when he wanted to swap Alonso for Gareth Barry, the man is ruthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.