New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the recruitment piece is a bit overlooked and perhaps unfairly. The manager at Wolves apparently had the final say over whether they signed a player or not, but whilst they may have felt that Neto would be an adequate replacement for Jota, leaving themselves with only Fabio Silva as cover for Jimenez was a poor decision and they paid for it.

I'm sure that wasn't the only factor in why they fell apart last season, but had we had the same issues we would have been falling over ourselves to make excuses for Ancelotti

I think they were just unlucky actually. Jiminez has played pretty much every minute of every season and has not been injury prone in the least. He's like DCL here, the main man and will play every week. So you go and get a back up younger striker in. When he gets injured you are completely snookered. They probably lost 25+ league goals losing Jota/Jiminez and replacing them with Silva and say Neto (who did well). That's a lot of goals to make up for a team that didn't really score a lot to begin with.

I think they were just unlucky actually. Jiminez has played pretty much every minute of every season and has not been injury prone in the least. He's like DCL here, the main man and will play every week. So you go and get a back up younger striker in. When he gets injured you are completely snookered. They probably lost 25+ league goals losing Jota/Jiminez and replacing them with Silva and say Neto (who did well). That's a lot of goals to make up for a team that didn't really score a lot to begin with.
Wow a sensible and reasonable post. I'm shocked

The only candidates in the whole wide world. Just those three.
Well I agree it seems like a bizarre list but only going by what’s in the media. You have to wonder about the influence of agents in all this since it always seems to be the same names.

Fonseca to Spurs, he will always choose them over us, Galtier gave his word to Nice, non-starter to us. Any other names you want to throw out there?

Giving his word means sod all, really. If its not written down on a contract he's fair game. I'd be disappointed to find out we'd stop pursuing him cause of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.