New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very fair point. In fairness we had worse injuries than them, but losing Jiminez after losing Jota in the summer was a disaster for them, not far off losing Lukaku for us.
Yeah it's very similar to us with Lukaku that's a good comparison I'd say even down to us drafting in a donkey in January (only they were smart enough to loan Jose not buy Tosun). They clearly were planning on bleeding Silva in gradually and not having to start him for 6 months of the season when he wasn't ready. Doesn't quite excuse the 3 games without a shot stat but this wolves side was not the same as the prior ones and will be interesting to see how they fair next season in transition.

What bothers me is the fact the whole point of a DoF is to have continuity and yet here we are looking rudderless again. I thought DoFs were supposed to have contingency plans and such to keep disruption at a minimum. Confuses me Brands role at the club, just seems he gets overrules about everything.
A DoF can't really carry out his job to the full if the owner goes out and gets the managers he wants (Hollywood name) instead of leaving it to the DoF. Ancelotti never had a style of football, it was results first no matter what. These players need a coach to tell them what to do, they are braindead on the pitch.

This is a very fair point. In fairness we had worse injuries than them, but losing Jiminez after losing Jota in the summer was a disaster for them, not far off losing Lukaku for us.

I think the recruitment piece is a bit overlooked and perhaps unfairly. The manager at Wolves apparently had the final say over whether they signed a player or not, but whilst they may have felt that Neto would be an adequate replacement for Jota, leaving themselves with only Fabio Silva as cover for Jimenez was a poor decision and they paid for it.

I'm sure that wasn't the only factor in why they fell apart last season, but had we had the same issues we would have been falling over ourselves to make excuses for Ancelotti

So seems the two main reasons people are adverse to Nuno are -
1. His defensive style of football
2. His last season at Wolves.

I haven’t watched enough of Wolves to have an opinion on their style of football, but when they came up from the championship it was hard not to be impressed with 2 x 7th place finishes which saw them overtake Everton.
Included in that were some pretty impressive wins, such as beating Man City home and away in season 19/20.

There was also talk of him being lined up by Man U and other big clubs and was apparently the next big thing

regarding last season, we all know they lost both their main strikers, that was just unfortunate.
But, in 4 seasons he’s had 1 bad season.
You’d have to a bit fickle and completely reactionary to hold that against him. He deserves more respect for what he had done at Wolves, so if they did sack him based on that then they have acted a bit knee jerk IMO.

He’s not Silva MKII as some have put it, Silva had done nothing in the PL apart from half a decent season with Watford, so that’s a bit of a tired and lame reason to have a go at him as well.

So seems the two main reasons people are adverse to Nuno are -
1. His defensive style of football
2. His last season at Wolves.

I haven’t watched enough of Wolves to have an opinion on their style of football, but when they came up from the championship ithard not to be impressed with 2 x 7th place finishes which saw them overtake Everton.
Included in that were some pretty impressive wins, such as beating Man City home and away in season 19/20.

There was also talk of him being lined up by Man U and other big clubs and was apparently the next big thing

regarding last season, we all know they lost both their main strikers, that was just unfortunate.
But, in 4 seasons he’s had 1 bad season.
You’d have to a bit fickle and completely reactionary to hold that against him. He deserves more respect for what he had done at Wolves, so if they did sack him based on that then they have acted a bit knee jerk IMO.

He’s not Silva MKII as some have put it, Silva had done nothing in the PL apart from half a decent season with Watford, so that’s a bit of a tired and lame reason to have a go at him as well.
He's not as big a risk as Silva, albeit he did at least win something in Portugal whereas Nuno is 47 and never won a trophy. He will probably keep us in the division barring a horrific season, but will he get us past Arsenal, Leicester, Leeds and Tottenham, which is were we need to be? I can't see it.

Looks like Fonseca to Spurs is done. Genuine question, would people prefer him to Nuno?

Personally I’d take Nuno over Fonseca. I’d have preferred a a Galtier or Gallardo but I think Fonseca is a very risky appointment.

Maybe that’s all that was truly available? Who knows what other managers circumstances are? Conte would be just another pit stop.

Out of the 2 I’m pleased we got Nuno. (But hoped for better)
I would choose Fonseca over Nuno every single time, ditto Galtier and a bunch of others too. Ask yourself this. If Nuno is that good then why aren't Spurs in for him? Where is the competition for this appointment? Even mid table Palace didn't want him.

The reason why Spurs don't want him is because they don't deem that he is good enough to lead them to competing at the top of the Premier league and champions league. That is our mission statement too and what we are aiming for and we are trying to to compete with Spurs and do better than them so again why is Nuno good enough for us but not for the rest at the top.

The answer is simple. Nuno is a decent and stable manager but there are better Managers around who will give you a higher chance of competing at the top and lower chance of having to do another reset again at some point to get there.

I have nothing against Nuno, well apart from he needs a shave, my problem is with the people running our Club. They should be looking to appoint the highest quality they can get to get the club to where they say we want to be and this appointment (if it happens) is not that. It is a playing it safe option with a whole lot of hope involved.

I'm pretty much like you,the only Wolves games I seen were the ones against us,I dont know the ins and outs of how player transfers are conducted there so I can't comment on that,managers outside the Prem, again I only watch us so couldn't throw some exotic name in the hat, but it just feels like the last few appointments were it's just safe and steady, feeling like we just go round and round in circles

Status
Not open for further replies.