New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It out things into super focused perspective about how clueless the 'carlo out' mob were.

Surely giving a world class manager more than 1 season to get his own team going praying Moshiri can get him the players he needs is more preferable to chasing down Potter or Nuno.

They wont admit it but I'd say a few of them wish Carlo never left after all the guff.
Carlo was doing a terrible job but of course I would want him to have been given another season. I will say though that's only because of the strange Covid season and our unusually terrible home form. Other than that he had a season and a half and we were going backwards.

Anyways, i hope Carlo's successor will be afforded a fraction of the mountain of patience he was given

Can you imagine the uproar if GOT was around when we appointed Moyes, or Kendall? Neither of whom had managed in the top flight, or even achieved promotion to it.
People wanted Moyes for weeks before Smith had even gone, his Preston team were playing decent football and was doing wonders with a small budget. Nuno is nothing like that, doesn’t feel like a change at all. It feels like another mediocre appointment that sees ‘The Everton Way’ continue unchanged for about 2 years.

People wanted Moyes for weeks before Smith had even gone, his Preston team were playing decent football and was doing wonders with a small budget. Nuno is nothing like that, doesn’t feel like a change at all. It feels like another mediocre appointment that sees ‘The Everton Way’ continue unchanged for about 2 years.

yup

It was always going to be about the players we signed this season. The only reason people tolerated the tripe played under Ancelotti last season was the belief that he would help us sign better players and therefore we'd play better football next season. Nobody could play good football with our current squad.
Thing is recruitment (in business, as in football) always brings an element of risk. There is more potential in the squad than you think. There were players Ancelotti never gave a look in (for example, apparently the players were impressed with Josh King in training, but Ancelotti clearly didn't want him) and I often wondered if Gylfi couldn't be played deeper to take the ball off the defence, for example. That's why I wasn't totally opposed to Potter, a true coach, coming in.

Bob Paisley turned Ray Kennedy from a striker into a midfielder. Look at Brian Clough with Kenny Burns...and we had Ian Snodin, who was a revelation when switched to right back, before he got a serious injury. The manager has to be the key appointment, otherwise we risk the whole 'Number 10' debacle we had when Rooney returned and the squad was unbalanced and didn't suit what the manager(s) wanted. We're still suffering from that now.

Carlo was doing a terrible job but of course I would want him to have been given another season. I will say though that's only because of the strange Covid season and our unusually terrible home form. Other than that he had a season and a half and we were going backwards.

Anyways, i hope you will give his successor a fraction of the mountain of patience you give Carlo.
I dont really want him but ill give him over 2 seasons. What if give any manager. Especially with our squad. Nuno could finish 15th next season and I won't be calling for his head. I said from the start of Carlo reign admittedly partly cause of who is that we can only fail him. He can't fail us. And he gets as long as he wants and just pray brands and mosh give him the ammunition he needs.

With nuno he gets over 2 seasons. And I am not exactly happy about his appointment.

Really? Not how I remember it.

I know I was underwhelmed, but, once appointed, I would always back any manager. Early Moyes was a breath of fresh air, and he won just about every fan over. Over the years he changed, but that's another story.

But certainly, I don't remember any massive groundswell to bring him in from Preston; he was seen as a bit of a gamble.

It out things into super focused perspective about how clueless the 'carlo out' mob were.

Surely giving a world class manager more than 1 season to get his own team going praying Moshiri can get him the players he needs is more preferable to chasing down Potter or Nuno.

They wont admit it but I'd say a few of them wish Carlo never left after all the guff.
I really don’t understand why you put so much focus on a section of posters who were probably no more than 1/3 of the forum who wanted him out.

Does that really matter that much? It’s just people’s opinions.
Not like it has had any influence on anything which happened.

what’s the obsession with constantly banging on about people who weren’t happy with the way things were going?

Conte would be the ideal choice IMHO

I like Nuno's profile but I do think you risk too much baggage there with Mendes & transfers too - not a dimension you want to endure for any length of time

I suspect there are only a handful of clubs that will tempt ten Hag

Haven't read most of this thread, or paid much attention to Wolves the last few years, or NES ever before that, but can someone (sensibly) explain all the negativity over his potential appointment? Is it just last season, or because he didn't beat PSG to the title last year??? I feel like there must be something I missing?

if we appointed some manager from La Liga or Galtier, 100% of the anti Nuno brigade would be moaning about us not hiring somebody with PL epxerience
As somebody who is deeply underwhelmed with Nuno, can I just confirm that this is complete and utter nonsense. I'd argue that Everton have been suffering for the past 8 years from a complete inability to consistently look for talent outside of the premier league, both when it comes to players and managers.

Look at some of the best managers in the league; Guardiola, Klopp and Tuchel - no PL experience. If a great manager is available who has PL experience, that's brilliant, bring him in - but the idea we should just go for some bang average manager because he has PL experience is classic little old Everton mentality.

Apart from the top 3...Pep, Klopp, Tuchal and some continental CL regulars, who have either just moved or arent going anywhere...oh also Conte and Zinedine.
It's an ordinary field to select from.
It's a bit like betting on the National, there's 40 starters, a favourite or two, some other decent horses, some nags.
But in the end with 36 fences and 4+miles, you're just as well sticking a pin in the list of runners and hope to either get Red Rum or Foinavon
One probably the best National Horse ever.
The other, a 100-1 milk float puller that delivered milk to Father Ted.
But they both won
This is a fantastic analogy lol 10/10 would read again

'Across the 3 seasons we have almost identical points and league finishes'
Two out of those three seasons Wolves and Everton were drastically apart with Wolves ahead by 10 points and 5 league places in 2020 and Everton ahead by 14 points and 3 places in 2021

The only time we were close during those three seasons was in 2019 where it was Nuno's Wolves who edged us out and got the European place in 2019 with a difference of one place and 3 points.

I think Wolves average around 53/54 points through that period and we also average 54 points mate. While it's chopped up a bit differently, Nuno's Wolves got a similar level of points as to what we achieved over the last 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.