New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but he’s done this before - that Bilbao side of his was for a season and a bit exceptional, battering loads of sides (United included) but once the players got sick of him it went wrong horribly. It’s not happened at Leeds (yet) but it probably will.

You could be right mate.

I think his style seems to fit much better with the English attitude / mentality of running alot, load of 'huff n puf', so can see hie working here for much longer, and could do the same at other English clubs.

So Conte hinting that he wants a project then. Well guess what Antonio, we have got a humdinger for you here that would even test the lord himself. Get him appointed Moshi even if it is just so i dont have to see us being linked with any more no marks.
lollollol

• Haha
Reactions: Lob
Is it not Potters job to notice they need a goalscorer?
He also spent £20m on Maupay who scored 25 goals in the championship the year before, more than Bamford has ever scored in the championship.
Maupay is a good forward and a good finisher, the quality of chance he gets isnt on the level of what Bamford or DCL receive.
His style of play promotes panic in the penalty area, they get to a point but only have 1 or 2 players in the box, that leads to the only option to shoot from wayward angles and difficult areas, or even snap shots! The XG is high because they have so many shots from anywere! Bissouma has like 10 a game but none are even remotely from a good enough position to net!

For what its worth Maupay would be an excellent back up for us
That was shaping up to be a good post
Then you went all Yankee Doodle and went XG and ruined it

So Conte hinting that he wants a project then. Well guess what Antonio, we have got a humdinger for you here that would even test the lord himself. Get him appointed Moshi even if it is just so i dont have to see us being linked with any more no marks.
He says he needs to believe the project is serious
I read this to mean he wants £200 million this summer

Potter has worked wonders at Brighton on a minuscule budget.

This season Brighton conceded just 46 goals. That’s fewer goals than Leicester conceded, fewer goals than West Ham conceded and of course fewer goals than we conceded.

Brighton's big problem is their lack of a goal-scorer. Just 5 teams created more chances than Brighton this season but due to their lack of funds they didn’t have a good finisher to put the ball in the back of the net. Had someone like Patrick Bamford or even DCL been playing for Brighton this season they would have finished above us.

Potter is an excellent young manager. I just worry that he might not have the resilience to cope with the pressure and the criticism that would inevitably come his way. He doesn’t seem that strong a character and we Evertonians are merciless these days. Just look at how we hounded Stones and Barkley.
While I agree with a lot of that, it does question the wisdom of signing Maupay for £20m.

Status
Not open for further replies.