New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we really say that about his tactics when Moyes is flying in the PL, Nuno Santos had Wolves finishing 6th, Hodgson was 73 still doing a job, Dyche etc.

Having your teams organised and defend well will always be a winner in football.

Appreciate that his last 2 jobs being a Chinese club and Newcastle do make me more hesitant than I would otherwise be though

It isnt just his last two jobs though is it.

He took over at real madrid and was gone buy January because he was terrible managing to end up third in a two horse race.

Napoli had finished the previous season in second place. he spent 130m in two seasons and failed to qualify for the champions league in both seasons or challenge for a title. He did win the Italian Cup but was very poor otherwise.

At Chelsea he had a wose points per game ratio di matteo in the league. When he took over Chelsea they were 4 points behind league leaders man u they finished 16 points behind the league leaders at the end of the season. Obviously won the Europa League can't take that away from him but Chelsea had just won the champions league the season before.

Inter Milan... the previous seasons champions league winners, the previous seasons Italian treble winning side. The best side in europe at the time. He absolutely ruined them. He didn't win his first league game till half way through September, had them 6th in December and 13 points behind the top spot habing just suffered 4 defeats on the bounce to spurs, ac milan, chievo and lazio. Then he demanded more money off the board for transfers in the winter transfer window or they'd have to sack him, so they sacked him.

I'll be honest hes won a few trophies at these clubs but in context every club he took over went backwards under his management and did very poorly in the league.

He may of been a good manager 15 years ago but he is absolutely dreadful now.

You do know that kenwright has had a hand in bringing in every manager since 89 dont you?

You know around the exact same time our fall from grace happen.
You do know that is complere nonsense dont you? Why people feel the need to write such inaccuracies is strange, especially when we all know there not true.

Kenwright at this moment has got a circle of candles and oodles of goats blood as he looks to appoint Kendall mark IV.

His apparent nonsense of Moyes or Martinez should be rightly thrown right down the same bizarre path and confined to the dustbin of history.

Nuno being binned of by Wolves then Palace should have massive Klaxons sounding along with bell ringing lepers proclaiming 'unclean, unclean....'

Potter FFS may for the first time in my life make me walk away from this club... never after allardyce apart have I ever seen a less interesting appointment loom over the horizon. It's a boring route to oblivion with some goon who looks more suited to selling whicker baskets in a Sunday morning farmers market than dealing with those overpaid & useless self-entitled Prima Donna bellends that have already seen off 5 managers.

No one of his sensitivity should be anywhere near our club, we need a monster to sort our current shitshow out, not effing Jeffery from Rainbow

So Bill wants Moyes or Martinez. Moyes 11 years of nothing, Martinez last 2 years of rubbish

Moshiri on the other hand never learns, first Nuno who achieved nothing even with Porto and now Benitez who in the last 10 years achieved mediocrity and is now admitting he is siutable for a small club

We do not have the guts to employ Potter or Galtier. Our best manager the late Howard Kendall took 3 years to succeed after finishing 7th twice and 8th. Potter and Galtier can build teams if we give them time and faith

Anyway why am I bothering as its not up to us but expert Moshiri who has done worse I suppose when he hired Silva or the uninterested Koeman or the past it Ancelotti who gave up

Potter has worked wonders at Brighton on a minuscule budget.

This season Brighton conceded just 46 goals. That’s fewer goals than Leicester conceded, fewer goals than West Ham conceded and of course fewer goals than we conceded.

Brighton's big problem is their lack of a goal-scorer. Just 5 teams created more chances than Brighton this season but due to their lack of funds they didn’t have a good finisher to put the ball in the back of the net. Had someone like Patrick Bamford or even DCL been playing for Brighton this season they would have finished above us.

Potter is an excellent young manager. I just worry that he might not have the resilience to cope with the pressure and the criticism that would inevitably come his way. He doesn’t seem that strong a character and we Evertonians are merciless these days. Just look at how we hounded Stones and Barkley.

Last edited:
If it was between Potter, Nuno, Howe, Dyche and Rafael i would take Rafael any day of the week and i dont care what teams he has managed before. Quality manager especially compared to that bunch of nobodies and the RS would be wound up and gutted which would be boss.
A manager on the way down, compared to one in the way up.
It’s the same as all the fans that didn’t want vvd from Celtic cos it was a farmers league,

Status
Not open for further replies.