New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d hope that is because the club has looked at how he’s done everywhere else he’s been, not just Leeds.

Fair comment, but you can't not be impressed with what he has done this season in the Prem, especially the last 3/4 months.

Our club win nothing for a long long time, even many youngsters don't know we are champion club in the past. I don't care who is the next manager even though Rafael or Moyes, if they can bring us trophy, bring us steady performance, bring us European competition and champion.

Fair comment, but you can't not be impressed with what he has done this season in the Prem, especially the last 3/4 months.

Yes, but he’s done this before - that Bilbao side of his was for a season and a bit exceptional, battering loads of sides (United included) but once the players got sick of him it went wrong horribly. It’s not happened at Leeds (yet) but it probably will.

Potter has worked wonders at Brighton on a minuscule budget.

This season Brighton conceded just 46 goals. That’s fewer goals than Leicester conceded, fewer goals than West Ham conceded and of course fewer goals than we conceded.

Brighton's big problem is their lack of a goal-scorer. Just 5 teams created more chances than Brighton this season but due to their lack of funds they didn’t have a good finisher to put the ball in the back of the net. Had someone like Patrick Bamford or even DCL been playing for Brighton this season they would have finished above us.

Potter is an excellent young manager. I just worry that he might not have the resilience to cope with the pressure and the criticism that would inevitably come his way. He doesn’t seem that strong a character and we Evertonians are merciless these days. Just look at how we hounded Stones and Barkley.
Brilliant post. Potter is the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.