New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is true that Nuno has chosen Palace over us, I find that strange. His job there will be the annual one of keeping them away from relegation. At least here he would be higher up the table and aiming for Europe. Perhaps they offered more loot and it is London after all.
I think you're getting confused with him choosing Palace over us and we were never interested.
He delayed going to Palace in the hope we would come in for him.

Not sure what you mean here Mike. Do you mean no to Eddie, or no it’s not a drop in the ocean?

Not including small fees (i.e. £1,2,3m) just done a quick ‘in my head’ totalling of what EH spent at AFCB from 2013-20. Roughly £240m. In the same period our various managers have spent roughly £610m. And we’ve just finished 10th. Something tells me we’re not getting value for money.

I read this earlier:

Is there a potential sticking point?

There is - the size of Nuno's backroom staff.

The 47-year-old had six coaches with him at Wolves, and they all departed Molineux at the same time as he did. Therefore, it seems likely that Nuno would want to bring them all with him to Everton as well.

This may be a problem as Everton have some longstanding members of staff at the club such as Duncan Ferguson. With Nuno set to want to bring his own staff with him, this could spell the end of Ferguson's time on the sidelines, which is unlikely to go down well with the Everton faithful given how popular Ferguson is on the blue side of Merseyside.

Maybe he doesn’t fancy Big Dunc as his number 2.

Allan, Bernard Doucoure Keane Rodriguez Gylfi Delph Holgate Gomes all were poor last year, and either 28 or older or on long contracts. None of them will get in much transfer fee, or will improve next year or will be easily shifted. That's nearly half a team, plus Seamus on his last legs and Mina injury prone. We've basically got three players anyone else would be interested in, the rest forget it.
Yeah but you didn't say "ageing or on long contracts" you said "ageing fancy dans on long contracts"

The players you list have: 2, 1, 2, 4 (our one player aged 28 on a long deal), 1, 1, 1, 4 (but he's 24), 3 years left on their deals respectively.

Literally not 1 of those players (with the POSSIBLE exception of Keane if we're honestly calling 28 "ageing" for a centre back - and even then, he's in no way a "fancy Dan") fits the description that you gave.

Yeah but you didn't say "ageing or on long contracts" you said "ageing fancy dans on long contracts"

The players you list have: 2, 1, 2, 4 (our one player aged 28 on a long deal), 1, 1, 1, 4 (but he's 24), 3 years left on their deals respectively.

Literally not 1 of those players (with the POSSIBLE exception of Keane if we're honestly calling 28 "ageing" for a centre back - and even then, he's in no way a "fancy Dan") fits the description that you gave.
yes, I did say that. Doesnt deflect at all from the point I was making, that we have a hugely unattractive squad that an ambitious manager would run a mile from. I think you're jst being a pedant.

Not sure what you mean here Mike. Do you mean no to Eddie, or no it’s not a drop in the ocean?

Not including small fees (i.e. £1,2,3m) just done a quick ‘in my head’ totalling of what EH spent at AFCB from 2013-20. Roughly £240m. In the same period our various managers have spent roughly £610m. And we’ve just finished 10th. Something tells me we’re not getting value for money.

£35m isn’t a drop in the ocean regardless of how much we’ve spent on absolute guff. I’d never debate the fact that we’ve thrown money down the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.