New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
His problem was that he failed to wield the axe after the first season to bring in better quality (apart from Lukaku).

Money had a lot to do with that. I'd trust Martinez to spend big money much more than I would Brands.
The problem was fitness of the players. We bossed some games we lost for 70 minutes.
If that happened again that would be on Brands to see the issue.

1622809726283.png

1622810051593.png

1622810059093.png

1622810068397.png

Attacking football with much worse players than we have. Bring him here.

Dave
i'd bring him back for the transfers alone. Imagine signing players who were good again. Just think of all the great signings, Lescott, Baines Jags Arteta Cahill the list is endless, and the last one, John Stones.
Yes we'd lose away to the big six. big deal. I just want to be half decent again,
No good having bargains when you have a manager like that. Would you welcome back somone who stabbed you in the back?

Where's the honour in that. And, lest we forget, his football was tripe, and he was here 11 years and won f.a. - a coward in big games.

But forget that. He's Moyes and therefore not wanted.

As said: all out war if they go back for him.

He took the two footballers out the team who had made his first season tick (Osman and Pienaar) and replaced them with combinations of Kone Cleverley Naismith Etoo. All our creativity went with it. When McCarthy also got injured we were then effectively neutered both with and without the ball.

Had McCarthy stayed injury free, and Martinez brought suitable creative replacements for the wide areas. Then it might have worked, but the combination of McCarthy dropping out just exposed Barry’s lack of pace so teams ran through us, and when we did have the ball the likes of Naismith Barkley Kone Cleverley weren’t good enough in the combinations to replicate 13/14.

Martinez also stopped doing what had made 13/14 a success. Lukaku was often subbed off, we flexed formations at times, we varied selection, we made impactful subs off the bench, no one was assured a spot. The next two seasons Barkley and Lukaku were playing every minute even when rancid, we didn’t waver from 4231 at all, the subs became predictable and like for like with no impact, players started to become complacent knowing they were playing every week. It was a disaster by the end.
The first season was a success because of the two he brought in: Barry and McCarthy.

Osman. FFS!

The problem was fitness of the players. We bossed some games we lost for 70 minutes.
If that happened again that would be on Brands to see the issue.
My gripe with RM was that he rushed players back too quickly. He ended McCarthy's career for sure.

I very rarely get onboard with you mate, however on this I am In absolute agreement.

"Everton fans are a disgrace"... he should be nowhere near us.
While I don't want Moyes, is there any actual substance to that claim, other than what some bloke alleged on Twitter?

Because all of the media reports at the time used 'alleged' and nothing in direct quotes.

The first season was a success because of the two he brought in: Barry and McCarthy.

Osman. FFS!

Look again at the highlights of that season, look how many goals involved Osman or Pienaar either from the start of games or off the bench.

It was no surprise to me that our form in the second season picked up slightly when Osman returned to fitness as well. Those two creative players were never properly replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.