New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with those faults he was the best coach we've had for decades. No question.
We disagreed a lot last time round when it was going wrong but my actual problem was that he should never have been given free reign over the whole club to run as he pleased.
Under the current set up I can see him being better equipped to succeed by just having to concentrate on coaching the 1st team.

Isn’t Rangnick in his sixties and hasn’t left Germany?
It would be a concern. Risk vs reward ratio suggests he'd be a serious contender if interested though.

In many ways he represents the sort of strategic and analytical person we need. He is very good at "diagnosing" a club and applying a way of working to address faults.

Ideally have him as DOF. Would be intriguing as to who he would bring as No. 2. Even if we got 4 years from him, he is the sort of personality that would take an active interest in how we progressed afterwards. In that sense his choice of assistant might be more relevant than usual, and something he'd discuss with Brands in a more considered way.

....my only bet is a very small wager on AVB @ 40-1 (he’s 50-1 now, doh). My reasoning is he was significantly cut (33-1 to 2-1) before Ancelotti was appointed. There were no links or rumours & I wonder if Brands had spoken with him.

You have a very good memory...i think Gallardo's odds shortened as well or we spoke with him at the time...?

Amorim has a 30m euro release clause, probably fair to rule that one out. Gallardo still very much an unknown quantity, does he speak English? I'd like Rangnick, if he still has the motivation to manage a team and create something he'd be my first choice.

I think its €20mil release clause. Sporting paid €10mil to get him and they supposedly doubled it.

Hes paid it off in a season for them.

Imagine that impact for us and if he were to become one of the new superstar portuguese managers....

We disagreed a lot last time round when it was going wrong but my actual problem was that he should never have been given free reign over the whole club to run as he pleased.
Under the current set up I can see him being better equipped to succeed by just having to concentrate on coaching the 1st team.
His problem was that he failed to wield the axe after the first season to bring in better quality (apart from Lukaku).

Money had a lot to do with that. I'd trust Martinez to spend big money much more than I would Brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.