New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If any of Moyes / Martinez / Dyche are available, then they would be Kenwright's choice.

I'm sure they were all in favour of Ancelotti, but after Silva and Koeman in particular, I think Kenwright will loom large in Moshiri's shadow with "I told you so" written all over his face.

Yes. Probably Howe as well and even Martinez.

Working out who the next manager is will be as much about determining who is going to take/influence the appointment.

I would rather get a top drawer manager who if he leaves his contract early has to pay us than get a nomark on a 4 year contract who we have to pay off to leave after 2 years.
Aim high you can always lower your sights,If you aim low you end up shooting yourself in the foot.
Yeah, I get what you mean, and it's why I'm torn...

There's a difference between a "no mark" and a good young manager. Hence me saying not specifically Potter - honestly I know nothing about him... it can go well or badly.

Let's be honest, I think we'd all give our right arm for the likes of back to back 5th place finishes a la Moyes mk 1 (not as an end point, but after our last few years)... but then other "young manager" appointments (RM, MS) have gone down like a sack of ****

At the end of the day, it's far more about the right appointment, rather than the right TYPE of appointment.

A look at Graham Potters track record shows he is a very decent manager.
Yep - seen some stats on this this morning. Show very clearly that they're a good side defensively, and if they had a genuinely good striker they'd be way higher up the league.

I know people sniff at xG - but based on xG for and against, Brighton should be 5th this season - not 16th.
They don't take their chances at all well.

Not saying he's the answer - but I think he merits a closer look.

For those interested - stats for xG don't support Howe - but do support Nuno.
But Potter is the xG Prince

TBF I think that’s overblown - a manager that had us playing in the style we like would get time from the fan base; one that had returned to the crab style wouldn’t.

Carlo himself was the best advert for that - the away results were great, but the performances generally were not.
Maybe but then look at Silva and Martinez both failed eventually with results and they were certainly meant to be builders who played with an identity. Silva showed less than Bobby granted. Just saying its not an easy job as we expect a level of results and finish but we are also hoping to develop/implement an identity/build.. We need to find a Poch/Rogers not sure who that it is though.

Likewise I thought he didn’t disgrace himself at all. Football was a little bit Dogs of War at times which might not be sustainable long term. So he’d need to develop beyond that IMO. But thought he carried himself well generally. Seemed confident and not overawed by the position. Got players putting a shift in for him.
It wasn't even sustainable short term. The performances in the later games (eg Arsenal) were nowhere near that first game against Chelsea.

Maybe, but his PL win rate is not good - about 1 in 4.

Bare in mind thats brighton. Easly the team that impressed me most over the last 12 months with their football. Considering budget etc they take on some teams worth 20 times the squad value and you wouldnt know the difference. All they needed was a decent finisher to top of the good work.

There is because we again go from a manager that had a plan, players he wanted in and wanted out to progress.

Now we're back to square one again. A new manager will look at the squad of players that have failed every previous manager, give them a new chance, then look to bring and bed new players.

They also have to fill the deficiencies in the squad that are as clear as day.

We've been here before. We've had one of the best managers in world football trying to rebuild. Now we'll go down the route of a new manager with different experiences and philosophies and what? Expect to be a better side?

It won't happen. The past decade has told us this. It needs a full reset
We had a manger that has won relatively many trophies, and which has mostly been recycled and used for shorter periods in big clubs. We did not have a manager who has experience in building clubs, and laying the foundation for further success. Everton need a manager who has experience with this, and Ancelotti does not have the qualifications to do this job - which eventually became quite obvious.

an announcement from the club to settle the nerves would be nice-I've no idea what it would say though!
They’ve said all they can say in that they have started the process to appoint a new manager. If, as the Echo (I know) has reported, we were still trying to convince Carlo to stay until the last minute then I doubt the board is very far on in terms of deliberations.

AVB on the cheap

....he’s an interesting one. Before Ancelotti was appointed he went from 33-1 to just about favourite overnight. I appreciate it doesn’t take much to move these markets, but there were no articles or rumours linking him. I did wonder if Brands had tried to make contact.

On that basis alone, I admit to having a very small interest at 40-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.