New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we played 4 under him and didn't lose any? All against top 6 teams if I remember correctly? It's a small sample size, but I was quite impressed with his cameo.
Likewise I thought he didn’t disgrace himself at all. Football was a little bit Dogs of War at times which might not be sustainable long term. So he’d need to develop beyond that IMO. But thought he carried himself well generally. Seemed confident and not overawed by the position. Got players putting a shift in for him.

Why do we need to go for a manager who's available?
I'm sure there is plenty of great managers out there who would jump ship at the chance of managing the PL league with a healthy transfer budget.

I really want a manager who can put the fear of god into our current bunch of softies........make them work for and earn their obscene salaries and be prepared to ditch any that can't or won't........not asking for too much then?

That arsenal game was one of if not the most boring game I’ve ever seen, that alone should mean he’s a no go

Thats the problem with Dunc its Pashun but little in terms of tactics/modern football coaching.

I think that Chelsea game was won on pure adrenaline fast forward 3 months when the novelty has worn off and I think he would have struggled with the size of the job.

If he ever wants a crack at management (which I dont think he does) he needs to go to the Championship/League One and learn the ropes as the number one.

I really want a manager who can put the fear of god into our current bunch of softies........make them work for and earn their obscene salaries and be prepared to ditch any that can't or won't........not asking for too much then?
Let's pay Alex Ferguson to manage us just for pre-season.

Sorry mate meant the performances - I think once the novelty/new manager bounce worn off we would have struggled you could see it at the Arsenal game at GP the atmosphere was flat and so were we with nothing to our game.

That will be Duncan's biggest issue. You can't just survive on intensity alone, especially with this squad.

Thats the problem with Dunc its Pashun but little in terms of tactics/modern football coaching.

I think that Chelsea game was won on pure adrenaline fast forward 3 months when the novelty has worn off and I think he would have struggled with the size of the job.

If he ever wants a crack at management (which I dont think he does) he needs to go to the Championship/League One and learn the ropes as the number one.

He is actually supposed to be pretty tactically astute. He is a Martinez disciple though so take what you will from that.

His big problem would be once the shine comes off the fact he is our manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.