Dear god how merciless is that list
Moyes - been there done that, got knocked back for Carlo

Martinez - flopped after a great first season

Pereira - on the shortlist since Moyes left

Nuno - great job with Wolves

Lampard - got a top job too early, wasteful with money

Dyche - please god no

Howe - see Dyche

With the exception of Raga, I doubt Moshiri would look sideways at them no marks on this list. He isn't going to release millions to Potter, that's just insane

Whilst without sounding ‘snobby’, he’d be grateful for the opportunity IMO, which means he’d give us 100%.

Koeman never, and Ancelotti didnt either. Martinez & Silva did but werent good enough.
That alone is reason enough not to give him the job.
We cannot afford to keep making risky managerial appointments.

We need high level appointments with a history of winning or else accept mid table status with managers who main achievement is not being relegated.

Zat, Favre is a very decent manager, and exactly what we need. Yes, you're right in that he didn't have a great spell at Dortmund, but we're not Dortmund, we're exactly like a Nice or a Borussia Monchengladbach... exactly like it, and he worked wonders with both of them. Let him build a team, and you miss Dortmund situation.

Having never heard of Gallardo, i've spent time watching some River games/highlights over last day and it's impressive, whether he can take that, and bring it here, who knows.

Potter, is someone i'm slowly warming too, he may not have that "reach", but you have to start somewhere, the idea he's had scouts in South America to get that Caicedo, and brought in players like Moder, Bissouma says to me he has a philosophy we could get behind, but is the job too big? We've been burnt with Silva before.

But please god, no Howe, Rafael, Moyes, Hughes etc

Favre is 63 and aside from managing in two respectable leagues in France and Germany what has he actually achieved ?

Id rather we went for young and hungry with sucess like Gallardo or Amorim.

Not sure if potter had the scouts roaming around or Dan Ashworth their DOF.

I’m hearing rumours of Joachim Low after the Euros.

Don’t shoot the messenger.

That would be rancid.

Dortmund finished 7th in Klopps last season didn’t they?

Not sure how we can compare both managers success there...then with their ages...

Dream scenario

Simeone
Conte
Pochettino

Happy scenario

Biesla
Kovac

content scenario but reservations

Nuno
Ten Hag
Favre
Moist
Dyche

Unhappy

Potter
El Loco
Howe
Benitez

Theres some dreadful names...

We should go back for Gallardo at River Plate (we have been linked with him when Brands first came in) then we could have our own Pochettino

100%

After my Rafael post, I’d also give Martinez another go with a pot of money. They’d be my two, although the German bloke being quoted is interested but I don’t know anything about him

Some of the things he’s done...

Took a bog standard Schalke to a Champions League semi final.
Brought Leipzig and Hoffenheim through lower leagues and made them ready to succeed.

Then
Let’s not forget made significant profits (see picture).

Infact, copied it in.

Ralf Rangnick's best signings as RB Leipzig sporting director:
Mukiele 16M€
Werner 14M€
Nkunku 13M€
Forsberg 3.7M€
Halstenberg 3.5€
Sabitzer 2M€
Orban 2M€
Upamecano 10M€
Poulsen 1.5M€
Klostermann 1M€
Kimmich 500K€
Keita 1.5M€
Demme 350K€
Konate Free
Genius.
And let's not forget Rangnick's finds for Salzburg such as Sadio Mané, Naby Keïta, Erling Haaland, Dominik Szoboszlai, Amadou Haidara...

Attachments

• A91E487E-A585-4D0F-AFB3-CAA4752582B8.jpeg
    A91E487E-A585-4D0F-AFB3-CAA4752582B8.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 34

This!
It would be another switch in how we want to play!
Another group of players that cant play that way!
Another group of players stuck at the club waiting to get rid of while we try a new style

Exactly.

It's why whomever comes in needs the full 3 years to build an identity whether regardless of what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.