New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he is young, British and no doubt has a point to prove. Likes to give youth a chance..would no doubt build a good back room staff around him which Big Dunc would fit into. With other names being banded about..Moyes, Martinez, Potter and Howe it would in MY OPINION the best option available. He also has a better chance of attracting decent players to the club as opposed to the other afore mentioned..that is a FACT !!!

If Potter had got Brighton even slightly over achieving I'd be fine with it but they have finished where you except. I see better options out there who can play a good style and have a bit more of a record such as Fonseca and Farve.

I loved watching Brighton! Ultimately couldn’t hit a barn door which cost them but they played some cracking stuff. Would be very interesting to see what he could do here with better forwards and a better squad in general, plus summer signings.

He’d make us worth watching again after the turgid cr@p the Italian had us playing.

Yeah the whole thing with Brighton was they just weren't converting very good chances but fantastic at basically everything else. Like I think the finishing was historically poor/unlucky/both. The gamble is that just doesn't happen with better finishers/better luck. It is a gamble, but a very small gamble.

What we need more than anything right now is for Brands + a manager to work effectively together for ~4+ years. Sell the project to the fans and get enough support to weather any dips for a season or two. Chasing short-term wins is how we're constantly in the same cycle ever since Moyes left. All the signs point to Potter being a great choice for that role so I'd be very keen tbh.

As long as you accept we aren't going to be getting Europe any time soon and it's a long term rebuild with him. Because a 25% win rate and 15th and 16th placed finishes doesn't fill me with confidence that he can progress us results wise, he would implement a system and an easy on the eye playing style but our crowd also demand results would he last longer than Silva?
So let’s say he was appointed, what would your definition of ‘progress’ be? We surely couldn’t expect any manager to get top 4 with this team of slugs? Conte included.

Because he is young, British and no doubt has a point to prove. Likes to give youth a chance..would no doubt build a good back room staff around him which Big Dunc would fit into. With other names being banded about..Moyes, Martinez, Potter and Howe it would in MY OPINION the best option available. He also has a better chance of attracting decent players to the club as opposed to the other afore mentioned..that is a FACT !!!

all pretty irrelevant to his abilities as a manager imo.
also the job tuchel done showed how out of his depth he was imo.

RM back without getting rid of the clique of coaches - some of whom who got him sacked first time around - is not a great idea.

It sounds like Moshiri recognises his mistake and wants to rectify it, but Roberto is really not for this club now.
Getting the excuses in early for chance it actually happens.

It won't.

I'm singing from the same hymn sheet as you: no to Roberto for me.

He gave us a go and couldn't shift the cultural dial of the club back far enough to impose a possession based game on us. And he'd have that problem again.

Some (many or even most) Evertonians seem to want a direct long ball style of play. They rejected the school of science.

If the school of science was finishing 11th then yes, I would reject that.

So let’s say he was appointed, what would your definition of ‘progress’ be? We surely couldn’t expect any manager to get top 4 with this team of slugs? Conte included.
True but do you really think our crowd have the patience for a lack of results? Look at Silva? So Potter comes in we have a nice style but are languishing in the bottom half he wouldn't last long. Look I agree we need rebuilding I also think Potter is a promising coach I just think we can get better right now. We should be around the top ten/fighting for EL minimum...

Status
Not open for further replies.