New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind seeing Gomes, Iwobi, and Delph in particular having a moan in the press or on social media.

I don't see it though, they are too busy spending their highly-deserved riches.

They contribute nothing. Someone needs to rumble them. If that's Benitez he will get my thanks. We can't lose anything with them. Nobody will pay for them.

Either he finds some way to get something from these guys or Brands must be told to find other homes for them by whatever means. We are at ground zero here.

Personally think it could work out in that him and the board will know the hostility the appointment already brings. If the players go hiding, the board should back him in benching/flogging said players.

I do think it would take a lot more than a few bad results and toxic atmosphere for Mosh to sack him. He's set his stall out knowing all that comes with it so has to back him
Yep.
One of the echo pieces yesterday , which smacked of an off the record briefing, emphasised our Iranian Penfolds determination to see this appointment through.
it alluded to the replication of Abramovich’s style in hiring and firing managers despite occasional hostility from their support.

I expect every player will start with a clean slate under Benitez but in preseason he will find out quickly those who will fit the style he wants and those who won't.

It could be a busy summer for us.

Its not just the fact that Benitez is an ex Redshite that's putting people's back up, Its the whole package. Lets not pretend that if he was a reborn Bill Shankly in his prime or even Klippy right now that we'd be seeing this level of disgust and vitriol. Its not the same, the man doesn't have a fraction of their ability and he's one of the most unlikeable bellends to ever be involved in the game. It doesn't matter that the other options are even worse because they would've stood more of a chance. This will end in disaster. When this appointment goes south early on and ends with him getting the sack in December it will 100% be on Moshiri.

They could appoint someone based on an internet poll and the supporters would still blame the board when it all goes wrong. Whoever comes in is going to struggle massively with the current squad we have, we could pay another mercenary manager who has won it all tens of millions and there'd be calls for them to be sacked within 12 months too.

I understand people being against Rafael based on his style of play and ability to move us forward, but at least he would be committed long term to making it work so he could settle back in the area again, we really can't afford to have another manager who is just going to leave when something better comes along.

In conclusion we're crap and no matter who it is they'll be booed out within 12 months anyway.

There’s a new man in the frame, bags of passion:
494ACE32-5E0B-410D-9953-A6EAE4B7DFE5.jpeg

I expect every player will start with a clean slate under Benitez but in preseason he will find out quickly those who will fit the style he wants and those who won't.

It could be a busy summer for us.
Like mentioned previously, you'd expect the DoF system should mean that those who aren't suitable should already be on the list to be moved on.

Benitez may want to have a look, however the likes of Delph shouldn't be a part of his plans regardless.

Its not just the fact that Benitez is an ex Redshite that's putting people's back up, Its the whole package. Lets not pretend that if he was a reborn Bill Shankly in his prime or even Klippy right now that we'd be seeing this level of disgust and vitriol. Its not the same, the man doesn't have a fraction of their ability and he's one of the most unlikeable bellends to ever be involved in the game. It doesn't matter that the other options are even worse because they would've stood more of a chance. This will end in disaster. When this appointment goes south early on and ends with him getting the sack in December it will 100% be on Moshiri.

More a possibility than not of....
Crap results
Crap football
And an arrogant kopite overseeing it all.
And more alarming. Those who run this club putting that together.
I see no vision. No strategy.
The club needed to go get a younger coach with fresh ideas who at least had a vision of good attacking football and a platform to build that with a board that saw the same thing.
They've gone and done the absolute opposite.
Love you Everton.

IF it is Benitez, which it appears it will be, this is what I`m looking forward to :-

The FSW being referred to as the ex RS boss instead of Everton manager.

SKY pundits talking about his time at Liverpool during Everton games.

The fume when inevitably this set of players let him down and he gets sacked, agent Rafael from the RS.

The Analfield crowd singing his name when we are getting pumped.

My thoughts on this appointment is CLEARLY the owners are not listening to the fans here, making a devisive appointment like this is up there with the "Big 6" trying to join the ESL. If this is Usmanov listening to Abramovich behind this appointment do we want him here at Everton? Would he drag us in to some boring Super League for £££? Him and Moshiri probably had their noses put out by not being involved in this ESL.

Many fans will want to whore themselves and the club to Usmanovs billions but realistically what good has it done us? We have gone backwards in footballing terms... Wrong appointment, he will be on the back foot from day 1 and plays the same turgid and eye stinging football as Carlo did. Another manager that will be paid millions to be sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.