New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, as a Moderator , don't you think that it would be better . if you waited for an announcement , before offering an opinion as a fan ?.
We have already had the absolute joke of vandalism today.
People need to get a grip.
Nobody knows what is going on. This is becoming a "virtual" judge and jury.
Moderators aren't here to guide us in how to think and stay impartial. They are fans too who have their own views and the forum is a place for them to share them. If it was run by the club then maybe, but it is independent.

Astonished that speedo Mick is pro Benitez but if he is you can take your pick of about 5 posters on here.
Anyway , practicing the Benitez skill of deflection , Nuno to Spurs ......Happy? lol
This is something that’s annoying me at the moment on all platforms.

Both the pro and anti Benitez folk seem to think that they’re all sooper blooz.

I’m starting to think I’m the only pragmatic one out of the lot of us.

If we swerve him then fine, if he comes we can’t change it so let’s see what happens. My main concern is that while managerless, we’ll not strengthen as much as we need to. Perhaps the best thing, if it’s happening, would be to employ him on something like a one or two year, interim fixed plan? Who knows?

Anyway…..

finished in time for Benny Blue boy
1624690702845.png

Moderators aren't here to guide us in how to think and stay impartial. They are fans too who have their own views and the forum is a place for them to share them. If it was run by the club then maybe, but it is independent.
Correct. We’re just here to stop you swearing and posting nudes.

I disagree with @AndyC on this and many other things but that doesn’t remove the fact that we all have different views. That’s just life. We can still disagree on things but get on. That’s life.

Quite looking forward to all the reds who’ve named their dogs ‘Rafael’ to begin absolutely fuming to be honest.
To be honest groucho, it is win-win for the [Phrase removed]. If he is a failure, its well done agent benitez, if he’s a success, we can only be successful with a liverpool manager. If they named there dogs Rafael, then thats because we have a dog of a manager etc. I think we have to accept that we have lost the banter war forever if fsw takes the post.
i am remaining faithful to the hope that nobody unemployed needs five inteviews. That would suggest that we have somebody else in mind? If that somebody else is in the euro’s?

Gonna end up with Eddie Howe a month from the start of the season aren't we
I feel personally responsible for the whole Rafael thing having (almost in jest) touted Howe for the post. The football gods have punished me for making such a jape, and now I'm actually really hoping we get Howe.

Suffering a strong feeling of deja-vue over the last few seasons I thought Howe would at least shake things up a bit.

If we swerve him then fine, if he comes we can’t change it so let’s see what happens. My main concern is that while managerless, we’ll not strengthen as much as we need to. Perhaps the best thing, if it’s happening, would be to employ him on something like a one or two year, interim fixed plan? Who knows?
Ideally, this is where Brands's position should bridge the gap between each appointment as he should underpin our model in terms of play and signings.

Whether that's the case is another matter entirely and it'll be interesting to see how much weight Benitez will have in the transfer market.

Ideally, this is where Brands's position should bridge the gap between each appointment as he should underpin our model in terms of play and signings.

Whether that's the case is another matter entirely and it'll be interesting to see how much weight Benitez will have in the transfer market.
I feel odd in that I’m neither vehemently for nor angrily against him but my main feeling is that I just wish they’d appoint a manager so preparations can start for next season.

I like that. I’m tweeting that.

I feel odd in that I’m neither vehemently for nor angrily against him but my main feeling is that I just wish they’d appoint a manager so preparations can start for next season.

I like that. I’m tweeting that.
Carlo's sudden and unplanned departure, if as suggested, will be a situation that we're unfamiliar with: we're the party to part with the other and it's expected.

Big Sam would never have been a long-term contender, while Koeman, Martinez and Silva went mid-season. You'd expect Carlo, Brands and co. had plans.

So this adds to your case as this will have likely heavily impacted or stopped our plans regarding signings, so we may now be in a state of limbo until it's sorted.

Will Brands be pushing in with his desired targets or were they Carlo's? Will Rafael demand to bring in his targets and how will that mesh with Brand's model?

The sooner it's sorted the better as we're moving into July in a few days, which leaves a month and a half until the season starts. It doesn't bode well, really.

In terms of Rafael, I've always been more open to the idea than others (posted it a few times) because for a long time I acknowledged his history e.g. his calibre.

On the other hand, his recent managerial record concerns me; yet, like yourself, I've sort of accepted the fact he's coming and will try my best to get behind him.

If from the outset there's a mass protest or uproar from the fans, the only loser will be the club as we'll be in even more disarray than we're currently in.

He's not my current, ideal choice - far from - but I'm not sure what else to expect.

I still remain hopeful that this ridiculous appointment will not happen.
I feel these latest updates have emanated from FSW’s camp rather than from Everton’s. They say nothing that hasn’t already been said and remain curiously ambiguous about a start date.
I mean the man is currently unemployed and apparently desperate for the job, so why delay the announcement?
If , however, they have any veracity it does illustrate a concerning level of indecision, cowardice and plain ineptitude displayed by our administrators.

Status
Not open for further replies.