New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, we sold our soul to Moshiri. There is no chance of resignations or accountability because they own the club lock stock and barrel.

There was a reason Arsenal's shareholders wanted nothing to do with our owners.
The reason Arsenal wanted nothing to do with our owners is because Kroenke didn’t want to give up control. Which is fair enough as he’s made a killing.

But don’t try and make it seem as though Kroenke did it out of a sense of protection for Arsenal. Just have to look at their fans to see how incorrect that is.

The reason Arsenal wanted nothing to do with our owners is because Kroenke didn’t want to give up control. Which is fair enough as he’s made a killing.

But don’t try and make it seem as though Kroenke did it out of a sense of protection for Arsenal. Just have to look at their fans to see how incorrect that is.
No heroes in this story, I'm afraid.

There aren’t. But trying to paint Kroenke as saving Arsenal from the terrors of Moshiri and Usmanov is just complete rubbish. Most of my mates are Arsenal fans and they would tell a very different story
Arsenal fans were desperate for Usmanov to buy Kroenke out as they believed he would spend money and not try and rinse the club as they believe Kroenke is doing.

Of course he won't mate. There's not one person inside that club with any balls whatsoever to say "enough is enough and this simply isn't acceptable for Everton Football Club".

Once this goes through, every single one of them are responsible for putting this club right on its arse.

I know there's good people trying to tell the directors and board that this isn't right - they just aren't in positions high up enough to be heard or are proactively being ignored. I know mates who work in the box office who have told their managers the negative feedback from fans, and their own opinion on Benitez - seems it's made no difference.

Ferguson, Unsworth and blue bill are only there for the shill if they aren't saying it's wrong to be even looking at the fsw.

A truly dark day in the history of Everton Football Club.

The board should be utterly ashamed of themselves if as we expect, it's Moshiri who's forced this decision through.

And of those four members of the board, if any of them were not in agreement with this inane decision to appoint Benitez, then they should do the honourable thing and resign their positions and that especially goes for the Chairman.

They are supposed to be the custodians of this club, there to do the very best they can on behalf of the only people to whom the club means everything - the supporters.

Speaking purely personally, I cannot believe that other than Moshiri any of the four board members honestly and truly thinks appointing Benitez is the very best that could have been done.

It's incomprehensible to me that they think either collectively or individually that it will not split the fan base, and at a time when the fan base really needs to be 100% (or as near to that nirvana as we can be) behind a new coach/manager.

William Ralph Dean, John Moores, Harry Catterick, Brian Labone, Alex Young, Bally, Howard Kendall, Gordon West and so, so many other Everton greats sadly no longer with us will be spinning in their graves at what has become of the club they enriched with their actions, glories and successes.

Tremendous post Andy. Whether your a teenager, in your 30's or 40's or fortunate enough to see the holy trinity, there is a standard, a line.

They're currently dragging us through the [Poor language removed] and pulling us past a line of no return.

It's not acceptable. It shouldn't be acceptable to any Evertonian on this forum. It shouldn't be acceptable to any family member or friend who says it is.

Like you say Andy, it's a truly dark day.

Arsenal fans were desperate for Usmanov to buy Kroenke out as they believed he would spend money and not try and rinse the club as they believe Kroenke is doing.
Correct. Arsenal fans hate Kroenke. Because he is treating them like a business. Which is why he pushed for the ESL as it was guaranteed income with relatively no risk.

I know there's good people trying to tell the directors and board that this isn't right - they just aren't in positions high up enough to be heard or are proactively being ignored. I know mates who work in the box office who have told their managers the negative feedback from fans, and their own opinion on Benitez - seems it's made no difference.

Ferguson, Unsworth and blue bill are only there for the shill if they aren't saying it's wrong to be even looking at the fsw.
Yeah looks like Moshiri has let everyone know that this is his (and maybe Usmanovs) train set now

That simply isn't true though.

Both parties wanted to buy shares. Kroenke ended up with control because Arsenal's board wanted nothing to do with Moshiri and Usmanov.

A truly dark day in the history of Everton Football Club.

The board should be utterly ashamed of themselves if as we expect, it's Moshiri who's forced this decision through.

And of those four members of the board, if any of them were not in agreement with this inane decision to appoint Benitez, then they should do the honourable thing and resign their positions and that especially goes for the Chairman.

They are supposed to be the custodians of this club, there to do the very best they can on behalf of the only people to whom the club means everything - the supporters.

Speaking purely personally, I cannot believe that other than Moshiri any of the four board members honestly and truly thinks appointing Benitez is the very best that could have been done.

It's incomprehensible to me that they think either collectively or individually that it will not split the fan base, and at a time when the fan base really needs to be 100% (or as near to that nirvana as we can be) behind a new coach/manager.

William Ralph Dean, John Moores, Harry Catterick, Brian Labone, Alex Young, Bally, Howard Kendall, Gordon West and so, so many other Everton greats sadly no longer with us will be spinning in their graves at what has become of the club they enriched with their actions, glories and successes.
With all due respect, as a Moderator , don't you think that it would be better . if you waited for an announcement , before offering an opinion as a fan ?.
We have already had the absolute joke of vandalism today.
People need to get a grip.
Nobody knows what is going on. This is becoming a "virtual" judge and jury.

There's a lot of hyperbole in this thread. The board and the owner of the club are trying to appoint a manager who will move the club forward and stabilise the situation following Ancelotti's unexpected departure. Benitez has a wealth of experience, and can manage the transition from the disastrous signings, through the mix of good, bad and indifferent that we currently have, and hopefully on to a better squad with more pace and a younger average age without jeopardising our Premier League status. It's not an exciting appointment but hopefully it will mean the next one can be.

Dont do it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-appointment-Rafael-Benitez-manager-week.html

Status
Not open for further replies.