New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
….it might be a little different for folks living in the City. Benitez has already disrespected Everton & if his tenure goes wrong, they’d call him their agent and give him even greater hero status.

I rate him as a manager but I think the club would take a major risk if his appointment failed. in this case, I’d put our self-respect ahead of him being a decent Everton manager. He might be a decent choice but he burnt his boat as far as I’m concerned.
This matter it's not about being a bitter Evertonian, it's about being a proud Evertonian imo. As you said he disrepected us once, and I won't forget about that.

the amount of wham in this post is mental, you clearly know absolutely zero about Conte based on this. Conte is tactically rigid? the main appeal of managers like Conte and Nuno is that they are tactically adaptable. Conte has used multiple formations throughout his career, but has quickly found out, as most of world football has, that the 3atb offers far more defensive solidity than a simple two man centreback pairing, while still allowing your wingbacks to push forward and support the attack. Conte has used many different formations throughout his career, because ultimately to him, winning is all that matters. To say Conte would copy his Juventus, Inter or Chelsea tactics with us is naive about what kind of a manager he is. Did we so easily forget the 5-0 win over us with his Chelsea team? To this day I have yet to see us so easily outclassed, Pep's City and Fergie's United have come close but maybe only Wenger has beaten us so badly in a match. Nuno over Conte, please give me a break
So coming into Chelsea and Inter both teams that haven’t played a 3/5 man back line for seasons prior to his arrival nor having the personnel with experience or suited to the formation is tactically adaptable? At Chelsea he forced Moses into RWB and Alonso into LWB neither having played those positions before (luckily enough they had amazing seasons) and at inter he signed Young, Moses, Lazaro, and Hakimi while moving Candreva and Asamoah to the wing back position where neither has played before. That is tactical rigidity forcing players to play unfamiliar positions or forcing a transfer for players at those positions. And don’t try telling me there’s a difference in him playing a 352, 3412, or 3421 because there’s isn’t. As for would he continue at that trend of using the 3 man back at Everton if we were to sign him no one would know for sure but the likelihood with his most recent appointments taken into account is very high. And lmao outclassed? Burnley completely out classed us at home last season with Carlo.

Nuno on the other used the 3 man back only with one team prior to wolves and not with any consistency. Used the formation because it suited his players and how they needed to play to gain promotion and to stay in the league.

Conte is no doubt the better manager and that was never the point. The point was that both employ very similar tactics with a 3 man back and if Conte was given a worse team it would look near identical to Nuno’s. The crap being spewed about Nuno only defending or sitting back not pressuring not allowing for exciting football is unfounded especially when those same people wax lyric about Conte in the same breath who does nearly the same thing.

If it’s Benitez, I’m totally out and turning my back on everything to do with Everton football club.

This would be the final insult.
I can deal with the shocking performances, the ability to constantly flatter to deceive, the 26 trophyless years, the period of cloak and dagger board room antics during Kenwright’s tenure, the sale of Rooney etc etc, this would be one step too far for me and I’ll simply walk away and have nothing to do with the club again.

If Carlo had still been here he would have been backed to the hilt, as he is not, I don't think Rafael or Nuno would get as much backing.

Just my thoughts

04FF8FED-D9FF-43A9-A733-BDA8514B3FDE.jpeg

Can’t believe we’re even considering him.
Club just takes the piss out of us every time.

….it might be a little different for folks living in the City. Benitez has already disrespected Everton & if his tenure goes wrong, they’d call him their agent and give him even greater hero status.

I rate him as a manager but I think the club would take a major risk if his appointment failed. in this case, I’d put our self-respect ahead of him being a decent Everton manager. He might be a decent choice but he burnt his boat as far as I’m concerned.

Do you mean disrespected when he said we played like a small team?

Well he was right, don't be oissed off at him for that, be pissed off at the ginger melt manager of ours who told everyone we were a small team

And I'm far from pro Rafael BTW. But he's far better than nuno

It won’t be Benitez and it hopefully won’t be Nuno either. To me it looks like the media put all their eggs in the Nuno basket and are now trying to save face by digging up the Benitez rumours from 8 years ago.

I reckon the people at the club are looking at the news and going “where the hell are these clowns getting this from?”

If it’s Benitez, I’m totally out and turning my back on everything to do with Everton football club.

This would be the final insult.
I can deal with the shocking performances, the ability to constantly flatter to deceive, the 26 trophyless years, the period of cloak and dagger board room antics during Kenwright’s tenure, the sale of Rooney etc etc, this would be one step too far for me and I’ll simply walk away and have nothing to do with the club again.
Why?. Because Rafael called us a small club donkeys ago! C’mon lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.