New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Kenwright has been an Evertoian for longer than most on here and understands perfectly the complexity of appointing a manager so closely linked with our neighbours and he will remember the Benitez comments as well as anyone.

There have been Liverpool managers who might have had a chance of being accepted, this isn't one of them and Bill knows that
Dont forget this is all correct but it's not down to Bill, it might be down to Brands but this is finally on Moshiri.

Bill will have no more say on this then he had on Carlo. If we get Rafael its because Moshiri wanted him and Brands too.

I can appreciate efforts to be ambitious and you can't be completely beholden to every fan's whims, but to neglect an impassioned base of supporters sentiments feels self destructive and an inevitable fiasco. So hopefully Rafael isn't selected, as there's already rampant angst present amongst the fans.

I don’t think the same people who surprised us with Carlo Ancelotti would settle for FSW or NES

i honestly don’t think the media have a clue, i believe the headlines are misdirections so that when the actual appointment is made excitement and positivity goes through the roof and the club can market upon the good will and momentum

Honestly though people who want Conte over Nuno are just name hunters. They both have an extremely similar style of play. The main difference is Conte has a team thats a skill level higher than Nuno’s.

Both play with a 3/5 man back but Nuno showed that he can adapt with other formations while Conte is rigid in using 2 very similar formations (3142 and 3421).

For the defensive phases both managers prefer to immediately retreat into their defensive shape after they lose the ball opting to sacrifice portions of the field in favor of retaining good defensive positioning and the ability to press as a team. Neither sets of forwards are particularly aggressive pressers of the ball as they look to cut off passing lanes and funnel the opposition to defensively overloaded areas.

As for the attacking phases both like to move the ball up the field quickly after winning the ball back. Conte uses breaking lines of defense as triggers to move players up up the pitch while leaving only 1 deeper CM while Nuno (because has a less mobile and skilled team) can’t afford to have only 1 sit deeper requiring both to be aware of how high up the field they get or risk being caught out. In turn because of prioritizing defensive stability, to maintain a strong structure Nuno generally commits 1 less player forward than Conte. Again primarily out of necessity not choice due to having less mobile players like Moutihno Dendonker and Neves in the side.

Both use their wingbacks in the same way to provide width in the attacking phases and to funnel the ball back towards the middle of the field where the number superiority is during the defensive phases.

It is the close season, players are away for another three weeks.

It makes more sense to move slowly and carefully, this is a big decision.

Unfortunately , largely because of social media where information is just completely fabricated, people have lost the respect for patience.
fixed it for ya

I’d want him sacked from the day he walked in the door. His appointment would be the club hitting rock bottom as far as I’m concerned. I have less than zero respect for the fat whopper.

Same with Nuno.

I don’t think the same people who surprised us with Carlo Ancelotti would settle for FSW or NES

i honestly don’t think the media have a clue, i believe the headlines are misdirections so that when the actual appointment is made excitement and positivity goes through the roof and the club can market upon the good will and momentum

i hope so too.

Honestly though people who want Conte over Nuno are just name hunters. They both have an extremely similar style of play. The main difference is Conte has a team thats a skill level higher than Nuno’s.

Both play with a 3/5 man back but Nuno showed that he can adapt with other formations while Conte is rigid in using 2 very similar formations (3142 and 3421).

For the defensive phases both managers prefer to immediately retreat into their defensive shape after they lose the ball opting to sacrifice portions of the field in favor of retaining good defensive positioning and the ability to press as a team. Neither sets of forwards are particularly aggressive pressers of the ball as they look to cut off passing lanes and funnel the opposition to defensively overloaded areas.

As for the attacking phases both like to move the ball up the field quickly after winning the ball back. Conte uses breaking lines of defense as triggers to move players up up the pitch while leaving only 1 deeper CM while Nuno (because has a less mobile and skilled team) can’t afford to have only 1 sit deeper requiring both to be aware of how high up the field they get or risk being caught out. In turn because of prioritizing defensive stability, to maintain a strong structure Nuno generally commits 1 less player forward than Conte. Again primarily out of necessity not choice due to having less mobile players like Moutihno Dendonker and Neves in the side.

Both use their wingbacks in the same way to provide width in the attacking phases and to funnel the ball back towards the middle of the field where the number superiority is during the defensive phases.

Are we comparing Nuno with Conte now?

Is this the twilight zone...

Reading the Joyce article, and having been in the sports media for a long time, it stinks of a 'hurry up and sign Nuno' leak. Nuno is clearly holding firm on some unrealistic staffing demands and the Club are now putting on the pressure by saying they've held secondary talks with Rafael so that he drops them and signs.

Joyce is normally very accurate and clearly has the ear of someone within the inner circle at the club (I suspect Bill himself)

Joyce has been out of the loop at everton for a long time. Hence the bitter articles he puts out about us now.

the amount of wham in this post is mental, you clearly know absolutely zero about Conte based on this. Conte is tactically rigid? the main appeal of managers like Conte and Nuno is that they are tactically adaptable. Conte has used multiple formations throughout his career, but has quickly found out, as most of world football has, that the 3atb offers far more defensive solidity than a simple two man centreback pairing, while still allowing your wingbacks to push forward and support the attack. Conte has used many different formations throughout his career, because ultimately to him, winning is all that matters. To say Conte would copy his Juventus, Inter or Chelsea tactics with us is naive about what kind of a manager he is. Did we so easily forget the 5-0 win over us with his Chelsea team? To this day I have yet to see us so easily outclassed, Pep's City and Fergie's United have come close but maybe only Wenger has beaten us so badly in a match. Nuno over Conte, please give me a break

His constant rotating at Liverpool must have driven them mad, but apart from that he was probably OK, and he's been away from there long
enough for us to not worry about it. It would irritate them anyway if he came here.

It would irritate us if he came here. He hasn’t done anything of note in the game for nearly 10 years, it would be a thoroughly embarrassing appointment on so many levels. I have no faith in Moshiri to not make such a stupid decision.

TS ran for 3 days that Moyes was imminent at Everton last time, so I wouldn’t listen to them.
Benitez talk is just a way to kick Everton while at the same time getting RS clicks

Status
Not open for further replies.