New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The source of that update from the Echo is Kirkbride.

Reading between the lines - as things stand it just sounds like Nuno is the current 'frontrunner', if anything. Nothing has actually been offered yet. King's tweet was probably a byproduct of Nuno's camp feeling like the talks had gone well.

They played the RS on the last day of the season winner got top 4, Chelsea won and he bought them. Then was able to spend 100s of millions as well as attract the players needed. Had the RS won the game would he have bought them? Who knows

We where 12th no Europe and a owner who wanted a Hollywood manager but for some reason got Koeman. An it’s gone down hill since

The reason for this is recruitment I believe. They were buying technical players which weren`t athletic, which as a coach I see is the wrong way around. I cant coach a player to be more athletic (Increase pace) but I can coach them to be better positionally or technically. As a remit MB should be looking at players with pace and good work ethic with a reasonable amount of technical ability and let the coaches do the rest....

Complete opposite. Hire him and you’re guaranteed to be needing a new manager within the next couple of seasons
2006Arezzo
2007Arezzo
2007–2009Bari
2009–2010Atalanta
2010–2011Siena
2011–2014Juventus
2014–2016Italy
2016–2018Chelsea
2019–2021Inter Milan
How did all of them jobs finish? Obv Inter are likely to have a fire sale this summer, you cant really blame him there straight after they won the league. The owners actually owned a Chinese side didnt they and shut them down.

Every single news source in the world says it's happening.
As I was asking on Sunday, where was the confidence coming from? The massed ranks of nedia bet on Dom King being right and went along with him.

they clearly arent completely sold on him thankfully or he'd have been appointed days ago
I'm glad. Nothing againt Nuno but if we go thorough a thorough interview and vetting process rather than dive in I'll be happy. (Maybe the right man IS Nuno)
I still imagine it will be Nuno but the longer it drags on you start wondering will it be Martinez again…..
Honestly, I wouldn't be against that. At least he had an idea of what he wanted. I'd imagine he's a little more pragmatic when needed.

Also, would be good to have a little bet on just how phenomenal James is during each press conference.
Or as we know the Echo have no clue at all what is going on. I mean on Friday afternoon they have a Q&A saying there was no clear decision yet while later that evening Domimic King said it was close.
King works for the mail, the bastion of truth.

Football correspondent must be one of the few unshakable jobs. You can run guess after guess claiming to be sourced and get 95% wrong, yet your editor will persist and keep paying you.

Incredible

just listened to his podcast then. He was talking to a guest about Erikson, but his guest doesn’t own a tele and didn’t know what happened...... sums his football podcast up right there.

who was the guest?
literally the only way to watch football for the last year has been on telly so what would be the point in having someone on that hasnt watched football in over a year!

How did all of them jobs finish? Obv Inter are likely to have a fire sale this summer, you cant really blame him there straight after they won the league. The owners actually owned a Chinese side didnt they and shut them down.

Well he left Chelsea beacuse they didn't spend enough money

Which doesnt bode well in the tiny chance he comes here

My general feelings on the Nuno situation:

1) We are clearly talking to him and these talks would be relatively advanced (beyond just sounding him out)
2) The deal is not agreed. Who is holding it up I don't know
3) Given his demands for staff and players, it play well be that the club do not want to agree with those things. His staff seems reasonable, his demand for 3 players in not in my opinion.
4) It's likely there is briefing and counter briefing from the club and Nuno going on.
5) It is unusual nothing seems to be getting out, nearly 4 days after it broke. If he does sign, I'd expect it all to be announced pretty quickly.
6) Completely left field, but we could be trying to smoke out another candidate. We are hearing both Moyes and Galtier are close to signing for West Ham and Nice respectively but haven't done so. Until they sign on the dotted line, and with the delays that are happening, I rule very little out at this point.

I’m starting to think nuno may not be our next manager or we’re doing our best to try and sign one of the managers who have won a top division league I do hope so. I do think nuno is a decent manager just not excited about him being Everton manager can’t see how he would improve on what ancelotti did hope it’s resolved soon as I’m getting no work done checking every 5 minutes .

The source of that update from the Echo is Kirkbride.

Reading between the lines - as things stand it just sounds like Nuno is the current 'frontrunner', if anything. Nothing has actually been offered yet. King's tweet was probably a byproduct of Nuno's camp feeling like the talks had gone well.
It very much feels like King was briefed by Nuno’s camp, or someone at Everton pushing for him. God knows what’s going on

Status
Not open for further replies.