Would you like it?

• Yes

Votes: 31 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 74 62.2%
  • Not bothered Everton aren’t we?

Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters
If it wasn’t for the EVERTON writing on the old badge would anyone other than a hardcore football fan see that and think Everton?

I’m not bothered if we have a cock and balls on the front I just want to see a winning team
At least the cock and balls would suggest we could score...

It could be pretty much anything given the complete lack of detail. You can cram an awful lot of detail into something with just two contrasting colours and the human mind does a great job at filling in gaps. A coat of arms, a lion, a cannon...you can understand there's something of historical significance linked to a club there and it can be done very minimally.

But if you only have a casual interest in Everton then you'd look at that badge and think it's a bit odd there's just a plain old pentagon there. It's only identifiable as a representation of a tower if you're looking for that.

As a backdrop or minor detail it works. As a badge front and centre - nope.

No from me. Not enough “Everton” about it at all.

More tower of terror than school of science.

They’ve been flooding our subconscious for a few seasons now with this bloody thing, to try and make it more accepted. It ruined the silver kit this season.

Personally, I have absolutely no problem with a soft launch of a badge, it's the step into the modern world where simple is better.

My gripe is how simple they have done it, and they've got it massively wrong.

Look at how Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal have taken the key part of the crest and put it on their shirt.

St Ruperts Tower is symbolic of Everton Football Club and in such should be respected with the same detail. Its great to be on trend, but it should be done correctly and they've just messed it up for me.

View attachment 248112View attachment 248113View attachment 248114
Gunners, red devils. Our logo should have a toffee in it, or maybe some other sweet treat.

💩 this chocolate chip might do well for now as a placeholder.