Neville Southall is the undisputed king of Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the goalkeeping side, the number of times you saw opposition players raising their arms to celebrate a goal, only for Nev to stick a hand out, leaving them open-mouthed at what they had just seen was incredible.

Worth at least 15 points a season in his peak.

Watched some highlight clips of him the other day, and the thing that struck me most was the amount of shots that just stuck - he caught things most keepers would palm back in to play. And if he didn't catch it it was either blocked back far away from goal, or tipped around the woodwork.

Southall shows why he was a moron best left on the back of a dustcart.

When the clubs distances themselves from a player you know he’s a brass bothering toxic know it all

Yer Wha?

Have you been on the spice or something?

Nev's his own man and frankly doesn't GAF for anyone else's opinion - especially a board of losers that have turned EFC from one of the jewels in the crown of the English game to a sorry apologetic shadow of itself over the last 30 years. Being the best in the world gives him every right to be outspoken.

If the new ground ever goes ahead, a statue of him outside the "home" end is fitting tribute. Whilst he's still alive, I hope....
Nev being Nev, he'd probably not turn up for the unveiling of it though....

Yer Wha?

Have you been on the spice or something?

Nev's his own man and frankly doesn't GAF for anyone else's opinion - especially a board of losers that have turned EFC from one of the jewels in the crown of the English game to a sorry apologetic shadow of itself over the last 30 years. Being the best in the world gives him every right to be outspoken.

If the new ground ever goes ahead, a statue of him outside the "home" end is fitting tribute. Whilst he's still alive, I hope....
Nev being Nev, he'd probably not turn up for the unveiling of it though....
Statue would be bigger than the ground..

Southall shows why he was a moron best left on the back of a dustcart.

When the clubs distances themselves from a player you know he’s a brass bothering toxic know it all
Hahahahaha have you got more respect for our rat of a board than you have of big Nev, jump in front of a bus please chap.

Hahahahaha have you got more respect for our rat of a board than you have of big Nev, jump in front of a bus please chap.
Take a look at the number of clubs/FAW that have done the same. Do love how to be a top bloo you have to hate the board nowadays. I bet you sing songs on the concourse.

Take a look at the number of clubs/FAW that have done the same. Do love how to be a top bloo you have to hate the board nowadays. I bet you sing songs on the concourse.
I would expect any Evertonian worthy of such an appellation to at least show a modicum of respect to one of our greatest ever players and one of the worlds greatest ever goalkeepers who also happens to be an Evertonian himself.
Directing snide comments at someone the majority of Evertonians rightly hold in the highest esteem is beneath contempt and, quite frankly ,slightly pathetic.

Watched some highlight clips of him the other day, and the thing that struck me most was the amount of shots that just stuck - he caught things most keepers would palm back in to play. And if he didn't catch it it was either blocked back far away from goal, or tipped around the woodwork.
Big Nev always caught the ball clean where he could...only times he couldnt was because made stellar reaction fingertip saves...as an Irishman Nev would have made a great gaelic footballer....legend

I would expect any Evertonian worthy of such an appellation to at least show a modicum of respect to one of our greatest ever players and one of the worlds greatest ever goalkeepers who also happens to be an Evertonian himself.
Directing snide comments at someone the majority of Evertonians rightly hold in the highest esteem is beneath contempt and, quite frankly ,slightly pathetic.

This all day ... bring the noose

When Howard Kendall was alive not so long ago and he cropped up in discussions, some blues would take the piss out of him for liking a drink. Even on this forum.

I agree, it's pathetic. And a shame. Reverence for our greats is a fine thing and part of our identity.

Even when he started to pile the beef on, Nev was still a top class Keeper. As for his Tweets etc., I personally like that he has an opinion and is not afraid to voice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.