Neville Retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good personality to have in the dressing room, most frustrating player I've ever watched (bar Drenthe) my chum Zachariah-Claude said after the Wigan defeat pip would never play again, and he didn't.

Not being funny like,but that's some name your mate has, where is he from ?

I rated Phil as a player and a leader on the pitch and off it but a lot of people will only remember
His shortcomings in the Q/F against Wigan, which Moyes had a bit to answer for by over doing it
On the loyalty thing, while he kept on picking him it was a disaster in waiting to happen IMO

Thanks Phil

[video=youtube;d8i0J_zoxdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8i0J_zoxdM[/video]

Thanks for that positive memory. If only he'd retired the season after that and then kept his mouth shut I'd now wish him all the best. His comment about how we should be delighted to finish in the top 10 did it for me.

"When I made a statement that I was leaving Everton, everywhere I went I seemed to be getting: 'Oh you've been brilliant.' I didn't like it. I didn't want to be seen as an attention seeker.

Ha ha that's a bit David Brent from Pip there. He's a good man- I'm sure he'll do well as a coach/manager.

One of the best signings Moyes ever made in terms of his contribution to the stability of Everton Football Club, on and off the field.
Pity he's got such a phoney brother.
All the best Phil, and thanks.

That's like saying Jan Mucha was one of the best signings ever in terms of reserve Slovakian goalkeepers.

Phil Neville and "best signing" should never be mentioned in the same sentence!

Overall I give his time here a six out of ten. Some very good things but too many awful moments too.

Lets be honest lads, every time you saw his name on the team sheet for the last couple of seasons (especially when a right back was in the line up too) you fumed.

My highlight is the thread on here with pictures of him pointing.

I just don't like him, and shouldn't chastised for thinking so simply because he was a "model professional".

His sheer inept-ness in the last 3 seasons of his Everton career coupled with the overly chummy relationship with Moyes made it difficult to stomach seeing a 36 year old full play in central midfield for a team supposedly pushing for the Champions League.

That Wigan game was strangely cathartic for me as he hasn't played since and it allowed people to see what i've seen for the past 2 or 3 years.

When Moyes came out after the game and said it was his decision to play him over a fit Darron Gibson I volleyed the cat everywhere, absolutely fuming I was.

I just don't like him, and shouldn't chastised for thinking so simply because he was a "model professional".

His sheer inept-ness in the last 3 seasons of his Everton career coupled with the overly chummy relationship with Moyes made it difficult to stomach seeing a 36 year old full play in central midfield for a team supposedly pushing for the Champions League.

That Wigan game was strangely cathartic for me as he hasn't played since and it allowed people to see what i've seen for the past 2 or 3 years.

When Moyes came out after the game and said it was his decision to play him over a fit Darron Gibson I volleyed the cat everywhere, absolutely fuming I was.

Although at the time it seemed like the worst thing in the world, strangely in hindsight that wigan game kinda made the future a bit easier to face

Moyes showed ALL of his flaws in the one game, unable to motivate a team for a massive game, unable to alter the flow of a game, tactially stagnant and limited on ideas and what to do when plan A failed.

Neville realised he couldnt play anymore and called it a day

Fellaini done something i won't forget for a long whilst and from that moment the prospect of losing him didn't seem such a terrible horrible future

Miralles worked his arse off when a lot around him didnt try, from that moment anytime moyes questioned him via the press it struck me of hypocrisy

Fellaini done something i won't forget for a long whilst and from that moment the prospect of losing him didn't seem such a terrible horrible future

Miralles worked his arse off when a lot around him didnt try, from that moment anytime moyes questioned him via the press it struck me of hypocrisy

Stuck his fingers up at the Paddock didn't he? Or something...

Mirallas shaking him to try and wake him up was the sorta stuff we expected that day, not the other abject sh*te that cost us a chance to lift the cup, ffs...

Status
Not open for further replies.