Negativity

Status
Not open for further replies.
- We have a squad that was never as strong as many thought it was
- We have a clutch of injuries to key players

That said,

- The key players will be back soon
- The manager will start finding his touch again (I sense he has a crisis of confidence atm too)

I cant say I'm too surprised it went this way what with the squad and injuries. What has surprised me though is the manager's performance. He had a poor transfer window in neglecting obvious weaknesses - in central defence, especially; in the absence of Barkley alone early in the season he's pretty much rearranged the furniture in terms of how we play and approach games instead of drafting in maybe Mirallas to slot into the Barkley role and ay least try and keep our shape; and he's made a few barmy decisions in-game with substitutes. I'm genuinely shocked at how hopeless this feller's been, because he looks a great prospect.

We've stalled this season. It's a right-off as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully we make a fist of it in the FA Cup, but the rest of this season is only going to be of use in terms of putting Martinez through a a steep learning curve. I think we should be looking for signs that he's weathered a storm and come through it with his head cleared ready for next season.
Next season Its the 5th of october we have played 3 home games MR HAPPY unreal

Next season Its the 5th of october we have played 3 home games MR HAPPY unreal
This season is over:

Top 4 - not happening
LC win - not happening
EL win - massively unlikely to happen

As I said...that just leaves the FA Cup...unless you want to get excited about the annual 7th place Trophy win.

Simple fact of the matter is football is easy when your winning. When your not winning nothing comes natural, couple that with ridiculous injuries to 1st team key players as well certain players being so out of form and making mistake after mistake we are where we are on merit. I'm massively disappointed but not concerned as Martinez will turn it around and so will the lads. It's tough as a fan because we just see the worst in everything when we ain't winning but our fortune will change and we will get on a decent run starting with Villa at home.

We lack a leader or rather a player that other teams feared - we had that in Tim Cahill. Maybe Barkley could be that player later

remember seeing him watching the team at the palace game, he looked proper jarred off, lets hope he becomes leader after seeing it from a distance

This season is over:

Top 4 - not happening
LC win - not happening
EL win - massively unlikely to happen

As I said...that just leaves the FA Cup...unless you want to get excited about the annual 7th place Trophy win.
EL we're in the best position we can be, top of our group with more points than the other 3 teams

agree it'll be difficult to win but wouldn't write it off yet like

(it's "write off" isn't it?)

Fingers crossed...but questions have to be asked about the manager's methods when the same mistakes keep being made over and over.

Of course mate he shouldn't be immune to getting criticised and he rightly has been. I just don't want to go overboard with it this early in the season given the injuries we have, players out of form and who we have had to play

I was watching us knock the ball around with little effect until the last 10 minutes.

It occurred to me that when our key players are not there, maybe we need a plan B.

fecking hell, people on here are morons if they seriously think avoiding relegation is our aim. we scored 3 past chelsea, no other team will do that all season probably, not even CL teams.

people forget how easy we looked against a very good arsenal team which were beaten for the first time today, despite being nowhere near our best. there are a lot of terrible teams in this division and apart from the top 2, nothing else is set in stone, teams will be taking points off eachother left, right and centre, we win 3 in a row and all of sudden you're in the top 6 etc, just look at united - 4th and they were no better than half our seconds team today.

people are either stupid or painfully looking at the smallest of small pictures if they think 40 points is our aim. not many teams in this league will beat wolsfberg 4-1, but let's look purely at the negatives shall we?

EL we're in the best position we can be, top of our group with more points than the other 3 teams

agree it'll be difficult to win but wouldn't write it off yet like

(it's "write off" isn't it?)
I would, tbh. We did very well getting to the round of 16 a few season's back and were unfortunate not to make the QFs. But there's some excellent teams in this tournament and we are very inexperienced - players and manager - in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.