2023/24 Neal Maupay

Said it before but we are a tough crowd and he couldn't handle the pressure cooker of Goodison.

He won't be back anyway, he burnt his bridges, basically said he didn't enjoy his time here.

Said it before but we are a tough crowd and he couldn't handle the pressure cooker of Goodison.

He won't be back anyway, he burnt his bridges, basically said he didn't enjoy his time here.

It's also a possibility that he couldn't handle our safety first, backtracking, anti footballing identity that has haunted the club the last two or three years. I honestly think Halland would struggle up front for us the way we pass a football.

It's also a possibility that he couldn't handle our safety first, backtracking, anti footballing identity that has haunted the club the last two or three years. I honestly think Halland would struggle up front for us the way we pass a football.

Nah. He'd bag. We actually create chances with how we play. That's all he needs.

Neal Maupay could have been the perfect Everton snide that we all craved.

Alas all we got was half an argument with zinchenko and one measly winning goal.

No darts celebrations. No slagging off Kyle walker’s misdemeanors. We were robbed.
Obviously wasn't happy here for whatever reason. He was a BK/FM signing so the DOF and manager probably didn't want him in the first place which is always a bad starting point. His first season we were absolutely awful under Lampard which might have caused a negative snowball and then he also doesn't really fit Dyche's style. He was a bit snide blaming the fans but that's the type of bloke he is. He likes to wind people up

Hope he continues to score goals because ultimately that's good for his sale price. Even if Brentford don't take up the buy option someone else certainly will want him.

When brentford played City the other week at home thats exactly how they played. They had 20% of the ball when their first attack..maupay scored. Safe to say he would have missed that at Goodison.
Maybe he's just more at home at brentford.

When brentford played City the other week at home thats exactly how they played. They had 20% of the ball when their first attack..maupay scored. Safe to say he would have missed that at Goodison.
Maybe he's just more at home at brentford.
I think he's been playing in a front 2 at Brentford too right? I think we always played him as a lone forward