2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to be in or on the edge of the box. If he's further back than that he's ineffective.

If we played with two up he'd be more in games.

Who was hating him, seems a bit odd to pick on a new signing so soon when he had a solid record in this league for Brighton over last three years and everyone knows the current financial situation.

What I like is you can shift him out wide if Dominic Calvert-Lewin ever gets fit. He interchanged with Welbeck at his previous club last few seasons in the front 3 so flexibility to mix up the formation if Frank wanted to.

Before he'd even signed pal. Go back through and see, if you can be bothered. I mean or just take my word that there are some weapons in here!

Before he'd even signed pal. Go back through and see, if you can be bothered. I mean or just take my word that there are some weapons in here!

Just seems a bit odd given he did o.k at this level for Brighton, was regularly 1 in 3 scoring ratio for them and considering the budget that's not to be sniffed at.

It's not like he was some journeyman Marcus Bent/Beckford punt although of course those signings can come off aswell sometimes.

Forest will be kicking themselves they didn't get that transfer down as they were frontrunners at one stage and he'd have fitted into Cooper's style well. That could be crucial come May.

I like him. Bargain for £15m. Good competition for Dom
Good competition in general for all the front three positions I reckon. Even if Dom comes back on top four Maupay can play off him very effectively too.
Cracking finish today to add to the general nuisance he is to defenders, loads of great link up one-twos as well, one of which was just before his goal!

Status
Not open for further replies.