2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have buried that chance, but when you consider his lack of match fitness I thought he played well. We looked much better with a forward.

It was nice to see movement, diagonal runs, defenders being harried and someone actually happy to get involved. A solid debut for us!
yep. whole team had more shape. such a pity we had to do without a forward up till now. valuable points lost already. but he is here now and defo adds shape

I'm not sure it was a disaster, but I wish we had brought another forward in. Ironically, I think Rondon, around 5 years ago would've worked really well with Maupay.

The fella we seemed to want from Russia would've fit the mold.

I do like what Maupay gives us though. He allows us to press effectively and gives us mobility and hold up we've been missing with either Rondon or Gray/Gordon.
I looked at that lads highlights and he reminded me of Niasse! Gangly and a bit out of control. Everything looked a bit of a surprise to him.

Maupay hasn’t been used much as a winger, but scored in both appearances as a left winger and said in his first interview that he’s comfortable playing across the front.

I reckon that when DCL is back and fit, Maupay is in the rotation among forwards and will likely be a late match substitute. When DCL is out, Maupay starts.

Thought his ball through to Onana was brill.

Covered more ground than any other player on the pitch.

Lacking match sharpness.

He's not a 'number 9' but he'll be a good signing for us.

You called it Danny, over a year ago mate. For scouting talent I've got it as

@Zatara
@Nymzee
@TheBigIguana
@maccavennie
@GrandOldTeam

Your in some very fine company and another one and I can see you replacing me in 4th spot

was impressed with him today. Can imagine he’d be a nightmare for tiring defenders coming on in the last 20-30 mins if we need a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.