2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have got on the end of some of those balls into the area. The defender just wanted it more than him far too many times

I’ve got nothing against the lad, it’s just that for the life of me, I can’t work out why we signed him, as he’s only ever been effective in a two man attack.

He didn’t fit into the way Lampard wanted to play and now Dyche is saddled with him.

I’ve got nothing against the lad, it’s just that for the life of me, I can’t work out why we signed him, as he’s only ever been effective in a two man attack.

He didn’t fit into the way Lampard wanted to play and now Dyche is saddled with him.
I think it was a panic buy because they didn't know what else to do. I still think the lad can do better though. There's no excuse for being this bad.

I prefer Simms, at least he's a target. Maupay just can't hold up the ball at all. And it's not like he makes up for it by knocking the ball in back of the net either

Throwing crosses into a 5ft something player, who isn’t known for his heading prowess, hold up play for pace, and they’re surprised we get this.
Be nice if we could play through the middle but there’s no creativity there so the wings and crosses are all we’ve got. Just shambolic team composition. Truly pathetic. The fact that we’ve still got a shot at survival is an indictment of the rest of the league.

Be nice if we could play through the middle but there’s no creativity there so the wings and crosses are all we’ve got. Just shambolic team composition. Truly pathetic. The fact that we’ve still got a shot at survival is an indictment of the rest of the league.
But the crosses, now that McNeil is in form, are there. I don’t know where Maupay is or what he’s doing if he’s not able to time a run so as to get on the end of these. As they say, you had one job.

Confidence is huge in sport and I don’t his work rate but he is seriously
Lacking confidence in front of goal. The lad need a break a lucky goal or something. The chance where he took a touch instead of hitting it 1st time is where he is at right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.