2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not being funny but he's clearly one of the best second choice strikers in the league if you think about it. Think he'll get loads of chances even when Dom is fit and playing. Imagine having him coming on at 60 minutes or playing up alongside Calvert Lewin, he may not get 20 goals a season but he'll be very good for us. Yet another player who'll no doubt prove the doubters wrong, which was plainly obvious anyway to everyone who actually wanted this team to succeed and wasn't just putting forward false and negative arguements as if we bought him to be first choice, which by the way wouldn't even have been that bad.

1 in 2 for us so far and should really have scored against those as well, he'll get the chances, sometimes he might miss but he'll keep going and going not hide or sulk, that's the sign of a good forward for me.
Yes imagine having Dom coming on at 60 minutes too, I’d rather stick with maupay as a starter for now if Dom does finally get fit and can stay fit then maybe use them together Dom’s got about 4 games to get up to speed after that he needs to be back scoring or I’d stick with maupay for what he offers off the ball last few games every player has grafter can’t afford to have games passing DCL by.

Looks a handful, busy, aggressive, snarky little bundle of energy. I do like players who the opposition don't like playing against. This angry little Frenchman is one of those players. The only set of fans who don't hate him will be the fans of the club he is playing for. Value for money, he can lead the line in DCL's absence or play off DCL when he is fit. Would also be a good option off he bench.

002126E4-1F35-4BBC-BEBE-A4591B942369.jpeg

BEDC20D2-8EA8-4AC9-A3FC-B8DE77D652FC.jpeg

He shows everything we’ve been missing, well tbh the whole team have this season. Over the last few seasons we’ve had the likes of sigs,Gomes strolling about looking uninterested and another culprit of that on lots of occasions has been Dom, I’d be disappointed in Lampard if he just puts Dom straight back in and leaves Maupay out as Dom hasn’t shown much in recent times that he deserves that. It’s not the same situation as say dropping Davies for Gueye, because as well as Davies has done Gueye just instantly brings that bit more to the team, would putting Dom back in have the same effect I don’t think it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.