2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maupay has been hugely disappointing and if he had scored eight goals last season they could have been very valuable.

However, in his defence (sort of) we were the least creative tam in the premiership last season. There was nobody in the team playing clever creative football.
I think we were trying to sign Kudus to improve us in that department and we still desperately need a similar type of player.
We are very predictable and easy to play against which does make it very difficult for any striker to score. We have players like Iwobi who runs around a lot but in my opinion he doesn't create much.

maybe so but the clear cut chances he did get he was abysmal with.
needs punted to the championship

The thing I judge about Maupay is “WHAT does he do well when he is on the field.” The answer is nothing. If a striker is his size he better be a damned magician with the ball at his feet or be rapid as the gazelles. Hell, even be strong. Issue is, he has no positive qualities to compensate for his lack of height. Looking at it objectively, it blows my mind that he has a footy career. Nevertheless that he made it to the premiership. Can’t control a ball, has no coordination, is essentially a midget by footy standards, is slow and weak. How

The thing I judge about Maupay is “WHAT does he do well when he is on the field.” The answer is nothing. If a striker is his size he better be a damned magician with the ball at his feet or be rapid as the gazelles. Hell, even be strong. Issue is, he has no positive qualities to compensate for his lack of height. Looking at it objectively, it blows my mind that he has a footy career. Nevertheless that he made it to the premiership. Can’t control a ball, has no coordination, is essentially a midget by footy standards, is slow and weak. How

Yep, if he, and Tom Davies, were in the team, we were effectively playing with 9 men.

Sorry, and no offence, but this what is ruining our club, believing 8 goals would be a good return. It isn’t, it’s crap, we’ve had centre halves score more goals in a season…..
No offense taken, I don't think 8 goals is good but better than 1. I trying to think of a way we could get a tune out of him if we can't sell him. Can't see it being easy to move him.

No offense taken, I don't think 8 goals is good but better than 1. I trying to think of a way we could get a tune out of him if we can't sell him. Can't see it being easy to move him.
We won’t be able to do either.

Yet another oxygen thief that’s been offered a first class ticket on the Everton gravy train.

Apparently he's gone gandys circus have bought him they said everyone can see him again next time they visit aintree racecourse. He will be the one getting fired out of a cannon..

His 3 seasons with Brighton, he scored 10, 8 and 8. Not great numbers of course, but we would probably have been ok with him if he got the same numbers last season.

He obviously looked like he couldn't hit a barn door last season, let alone double figures, so for those who watched him at Brighton - what was the difference? If you can score 10 goals in a premier league season you are obviously not rubbish or a donkey, but why was he so ineffective for us compared to moderately effective for Brighton?
He missed multiple, and I mean multiple gilt edged chances at Brighton. They created a lot and he fluffed half of it.

Honestly, I used to laugh and him on Match Of The Day because I thought he was hilarious.

I didn't laugh when we signed him....

His Xg over 3 seasons at Brighton is +10, meaning he should have scored 10 more goals.

Danny Ings over the same 3 season period is -2.8. So he should have had almost 3 goals less.

Zaha -5.1 = 5 goals less
Rodrigo (Leeds) -6.0 = 6 goals less
Patson Daka +0.3 = level
Raul Jimenez -1.0 = 1 goal less
Callum Wilson -2.9 = 3 goals less

There's a pattern emerging here..... Maupay is dogshit 😅

Goalshy goblin, a wasp without a sting. He only really fits in to the team running around after Doucoure gets tired in the 89th minute, sub him on and voila. Like a new signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.