2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
he’s gotta play sat!
that's the thing. he won't start I bet. no wins yet and no forward playing. he needs to start. not 20 mins when chasing a game 2 nil down.

but I feel frank will fall on his own sword by failing to bring in cover for dcl and replace richarldson early in the summer.

the quote from lampard no one foresaw dcl injury is ridiculous and he can't use that again. players get injured and you need cover before it happens. not 6 matches in. negligence

that's the thing. he won't start I bet. no wins yet and no forward playing. he needs to start. not 20 mins when chasing a game 2 nil down.

but I feel frank will fall on his own sword by failing to bring in cover for Dominic Calvert-Lewin and replace richarldson early in the summer.

the quote from lampard no one foresaw Dominic Calvert-Lewin injury is ridiculous and he can't use that again. players get injured and you need cover before it happens. not 6 matches in. negligence
He will...

FWIW my former uni mate Jez is a ST holder for the Seagulls and his take:

“You will come to love him like you do a family member who infuriates you at times but is still yours.

His finishing is erratic but no worse than most strikers. He cannot head a ball at all and not just because he is not tall. It is a bit of an urban myth that we did not score enough goals because of him as many of our chances fell to our wide players and midfielders who could not hit a barn door. He is tenacious, hard-working and he never, ever hides. He gets important goals in big games.

He can be a stereotypically moody Frenchman and is known to be a bit shy and awkward off the pitch so Lampard will need to manage his temperament and maintain his confidence in training, particularly if not starting. He picks up some stupid bookings but he provokes defenders into rash acts and wins lots of fouls so his aggressive nature cuts both ways.

I will miss him.”

but I feel frank will fall on his own sword by failing to bring in cover for Dominic Calvert-Lewin and replace richarldson early in the summer.

the quote from lampard no one foresaw Dominic Calvert-Lewin injury is ridiculous and he can't use that again. players get injured and you need cover before it happens. not 6 matches in. negligence
He would’ve started against Leeds if it wasn’t for the PL messing up the paperwork tbf

Got to start at the weekend. The stadium will be buzzing, derby day is always hard, we are underdogs, as we often are, but playing with a striker is so important for shape, we need someone like Maupay, actual striker, getting in the defenders faces, drawing fouls and taking the pressure off he defence. If we had that against Leeds or Brentford, I think we would have more points than we have now.

FWIW my former uni mate Jez is a ST holder for the Seagulls and his take:

“You will come to love him like you do a family member who infuriates you at times but is still yours.

His finishing is erratic but no worse than most strikers. He cannot head a ball at all and not just because he is not tall. It is a bit of an urban myth that we did not score enough goals because of him as many of our chances fell to our wide players and midfielders who could not hit a barn door. He is tenacious, hard-working and he never, ever hides. He gets important goals in big games.

He can be a stereotypically moody Frenchman and is known to be a bit shy and awkward off the pitch so Lampard will need to manage his temperament and maintain his confidence in training, particularly if not starting. He picks up some stupid bookings but he provokes defenders into rash acts and wins lots of fouls so his aggressive nature cuts both ways.

I will miss him.”

All the makings of a cult hero.

Hopefully, he doesnt get sent off in the derby though !

All the makings of a cult hero.

Hopefully, he doesnt get sent off in the derby though !

Actually I hope he does. In the 87th minute having scored two goals. Scoreboard showing 2-0 and he's just gone through Virgil like a steam train leaving him writhed in agony and Klopp exploding on the side. We then have DCL back to start the game after.

Status
Not open for further replies.