Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a smart signing, making use of a guy with 12 months on a deal. In the context of some of the deals and prices currently, around 15m for this lad seems very good value to me.

So potential upsides.
1) Gets between 8-10 goals a season, around 7/8 from none penalties. Playing in a side that is similar level to ours (so don't score hundreds of goals. So not unreasonable to assume that he will repeat that output, and essentially replace Richarlisons goals.

2) Can play in a 2, as a wide forward or as a 9. So good versaility, and will dovetail nicely with DCL if we get him fit.

3) Stylistically is a nice footballer. Presses well, comfortable in possession, works hard off the ball, given his size he is ok in the air as well.

4) Played for Brentford and Brighton who are 2 sides who recruit very well.

Downside.

1) Not really the best finisher.

Overall though, happy with this.

This has to be the least anyone has paid for this level of Prem open-play goal return per 90 in ages. (Excluding possible Bosmans, but I can't think of any.)

Honestly, if he were a no-name scoring goals with his highlights in a farmer's league, and we picked him up at that price, people would be thrilled to bits. Good deal structure too, committing to three years with an option for a fourth if we aren't in a position to upgrade.

Extremely pleased with this signing.

I think it's a smart signing, making use of a guy with 12 months on a deal. In the context of some of the deals and prices currently, around 15m for this lad seems very good value to me.

So potential upsides.
1) Gets between 8-10 goals a season, around 7/8 from none penalties. Playing in a side that is similar level to ours (so don't score hundreds of goals. So not unreasonable to assume that he will repeat that output, and essentially replace Richarlisons goals.

2) Can play in a 2, as a wide forward or as a 9. So good versaility, and will dovetail nicely with Dominic Calvert-Lewin if we get him fit.

3) Stylistically is a nice footballer. Presses well, comfortable in possession, works hard off the ball, given his size he is ok in the air as well.

4) Played for Brentford and Brighton who are 2 sides who recruit very well.

Downside.

1) Not really the best finisher.

Overall though, happy with this.
Probably the best like for like for Richarlison given where we shop now.

Not saying it should be a two minute job. We needed a forward in weeks ago.
Yes I agree but with a limited budget things are a bit different. When you have money then you can pay over the odds and pay extortionate wages just to get them in (as we have done over the last few years) but we are not in that position now. We are on a serious penny saving budget

Just hope rondon hasn't eat him like

He's jealous he's not the centre of attention no more

Might sulk tomorrow and refuse to run. Not like anyone will notice

Shame broadband and simms were loaned out. What more can they do to get a game

Everton's loss...

Not at the top end because of ill-conceived largesse, and now we're putting the likes of Tarkowski on more money than lads playing for Champions League places.

Unless Onana turns out to be a superstar, this is a Walter Smith-era team being assembled.
How much is Tarkowski on then? Remember we didn't have to pay a transfer fee for him

Status
Not open for further replies.