Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange how lampard says he's the best striker Ive ever seen with at least 50 goals a season in him

He was after Andy Carroll before he turned us down. Why not say it as it is. Our scouting team were after better strikers for months but no one wants to join ....

No doubting his ability, he’s a very good player who will run and press for 90 minutes and is versatile enough to play in any forward position. He’s an obvious upgrade on King fried Salomon and for the reported £12ish million he’s a steal in the current market where Chris Wood and Che Adams set you back double what we’ve just paid. He’s not prolific but neither was Richarlison (surely his replacement without the aerial ability). This fella is like an obscenity shouting wasp to opposition defences, scores a few and misses a few but immediately improves the squad. I cannot see why anyone would object, unless of course they were as thick as mince…

….if you listen to his interviews I think he already did that as a youth player in France.

i do find it a bit distasteful and not in the least bit funny to read posts like this when we sign a new player. I positively hope all our players stay fit and healthy.

Lets not tempt fate.
I agree mate. Joking aside, we need everyone fit unless its another fight

There weren’t many superstars in the teams that Moyes assembled. Now, admittedly, he won nothing but there were some good squads there.

The right peg in the right hole is better than a superb part shoehorned into a system that don’t work.
Bit like the season we had Linaker.

Plodding along nicely in the transfer market.............not top end because those who know.....know why. The saddo's who are whingeing and being underwhelmed need to realise the situation we are in and join us in the world of realism. If not then just carry on in cloud cuckoo
Not at the top end because of ill-conceived largesse, and now we're putting the likes of Tarkowski on more money than lads playing for Champions League places.

Unless Onana turns out to be a superstar, this is a Walter Smith-era team being assembled.

Got qualities we as fans love, maybe not massively gifted in the goals department, but will press & work his nuts off, he’s a proper snide too which we feed off, for once I just want a player to bleed for the shirt, an ok signing this ??

No doubting his ability, he’s a very good player who will run and press for 90 minutes and is versatile enough to play in any forward position. He’s an obvious upgrade on King fried Salomon and for the reported £12ish million he’s a steal in the current market where Chris Wood and Che Adams set you back double what we’ve just paid. He’s not prolific but neither was Richarlison (surely his replacement without the aerial ability). This fella is like an obscenity shouting wasp to opposition defences, scores a few and misses a few but immediately improves the squad. I cannot see why anyone would object, unless of course they were as thick as mince…
Yeah, I think he might surprise a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.