Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Nottingham Forest, Fulham and us are paying it now, knowing his contract situation.

He turned 26 the other day, a couple of decent seasons and I think there's profit there.

Resale/low risk transfers should be front of every transfer for us.
Completely agree. Everyone said the same about Richie when we signed him. There's something about Maupay, he's got an edge and I do think he's the sort of player that will just suddenly come good.

i`ll be disappointed if we don`t get him after reading that. ?
Maupay tries hard and can flatter to deceive but his missing very easy chances builds up to frustration. His complaining doesn't endure. Then he scores a worldy but mucks it up with more missed chances. He is not especially quick to make up for his lack of consistent technique, nor as hard working as the rest of the team. On a good sequence of say four goals in 12 games it may appear there is a good player in there somewhere but it is all unfair on the other players; throwing away points that could mean relegation.

I think we need to remember where we are, top strikers arent going to come here at the moment and to be honest there arent actually that many top strikers floating around that would be available. So we either go down the route of young upcoming and untested or we get a player with experience who will give us something we dont.

He averages 9 league goals a season, hes pretty tenacious and has everyone has said has a bit of snide about him. As a back up striker to Dom I think we'd be silly not to go for him if its £15m for a 26 year old with experience of playing in the premier league and scoring goals, not the most exciting signing but think he would play his part.

Richarlison was 21.
Granted but he's only just turned 26. Salah signed for that at 25 having done very little of note in his career at that point. Failed at Chelsea, was better at Roma but it wasn't like all the big teams where banging at the door for him. Sometimes players just blossom a little later in their careers - they just need the right environment. I'm not suggesting for a moment that Maupay will be half the player Salah is, or even that Everton is the right place for him to flourish. I'm just saying I think the guy has something about him and just because he's a 26yr old that hasn't set the world alight doesn't mean he can't go on to be a great player.

I think we need to remember where we are, top strikers arent going to come here at the moment and to be honest there arent actually that many top strikers floating around that would be available. So we either go down the route of young upcoming and untested or we get a player with experience who will give us something we dont.

He averages 9 league goals a season, hes pretty tenacious and has everyone has said has a bit of snide about him. As a back up striker to Dom I think we'd be silly not to go for him if its £15m for a 26 year old with experience of playing in the premier league and scoring goals, not the most exciting signing but think he would play his part.

All about keeping us away from a relegation scrap, without kicking the FFP burden can too far down the road.

Granted but he's only just turned 26. Salah signed for that at 25 having done very little of note in his career at that point. Failed at Chelsea, was better at Roma but it wasn't like all the big teams where banging at the door for him. Sometimes players just blossom a little later in their careers - they just need the right environment. I'm not suggesting for a moment that Maupay will be half the player Salah is, or even that Everton is the right place for him to flourish. I'm just saying I think the guy has something about him and just because he's a 26yr old that hasn't set the world alight doesn't mean he can't go on to be a great player.
Salbutamol Salah

When I intialially saw forest were in for him I hoped we would be too. He's a good player, decent at prem level, fitness is good, good age, snidey, fits our ethos and relatively cheap. Hope we get him.

That’s not really true mate; he wasn’t really given a chance at Chelsea and when he went to Italy he scored 29 in 65

Almost 1 in 2

Diaz has been banging them in has age on his side and can play off the left wing. Yes get him and a Maupay or Adams. Just get on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.