2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Wasn’t he?

That’s a question, not a statement.

No, considering we've already talked about this, literally yesterday.

No. Did this figure come to you in a dream perhaps?

You both are making yourselves look a bit silly here.

No matter if you dont rate Patterson, hes not worse than the other 3.

The stats all support this fact.

No point arguing about it...we will need another RB signed anyway as Coleman/Young will be out of contract and Godfrey probably sold.
This is true, however I am not sure he is the answer either.

When did we start supporting individual players more than the team? And why was our first choice to do it with an absolute nobody?

Flip that on its head...when did we start getting on a players back for any little thing.

Look at this thread straight after the Dyche slap incident. The usual suspects were in here slamming Nathan and calling him a grass for running to the papers crying, despite having no evidence to back this up and subsequently being proven wrong.

It's really sad to see.

Flip that on its head...when did we start getting on a players back for any little thing.

Look at this thread straight after the Dyche slap incident. The usual suspects were in here slamming Nathan and calling him a grass for running to the papers crying, despite having no evidence to back this up and subsequently being proven wrong.

It's really sad to see.
Yes both of those things would be equally strange behaviour I don’t disagree.

Spot on. I like the lad just incredulous at people suggesting he's the next Gary Stevens when we've not seen it and/or slating the character of someone like Seamus who is the epitome of pretty much all that's good we have left as a club.

You continue to make this claim yet only ever have negative things to say about the player and seem to like all the other negative posts in this thread.

So what is it that you like about him?

turning out to be another poor signing to add to the list, our recruitment is one of our biggest issues, paying top wages for at best top end of championship players or players who may get in a newly promoted premier league side or what we are relegation strugglers it really is grim how we’ve got to where we’re and the clubs future is unknown

You both are making yourselves look a bit silly here.

No matter if you dont rate Patterson, hes not worse than the other 3.

The stats all support this fact.

No point arguing about it...we will need another RB signed anyway as Coleman/Young will be out of contract and Godfrey probably sold.
No worries about that, we got Holgate heading back in the Summer.

I agree. I really like Myko, think he is better than many give him credit for. Hibberts one of my favourite all time players. But we were spoilt by peak baines and Coleman and think some expectations are still too high, considering we are a relegation battling team year on year now.

Bloody hell.

Only Wolves scored less than us last season.

Only Sheff Utd have scored less than us this season.

19th and 19th for goals scored then.

Being so poor at scoring goals dictates relegation scrap.

A big part of being unable to score goals is we have full backs who offer absolutely sod all going forward. Not one full back capable of any delivery. Worse, they haven't got the ability to mix it with wingers either to create space.

Mykolenko - 73 Premier League Appearances. 0 assists. I'll crack open the posh champagne if he ever creates a goal - as in, beat a man and put a delivery in which we score from. The lad can't beat a man, or cross a ball with any quality. Dyche has progressed his game by simplifying it and telling him to stay back - he's been better than I expected, but I reckon you'd struggle to name another 3 teams in the league he'd start for.

I'd be starting Patterson at right back now at home. Still play deep, but we've got to start offering a threat against the teams who have to come to Goodison or some pace down the flanks. If not Patterson, I'd even be tempted to lash Garner there - at least then we'd have one full back who can cross a ball for Calvert-Lewin/Doucoure.

With Dyche playing his full backs more like 'wide centre backs' i think we should be signing players who can play both positions (if we keep Dyche).

Mykolenko had played both LCB and LB before for example. I also disagree that we need attacking full backs, theres more than one way to play football.

Someone like a Wan-Bissaka would look fantastic in this Everton team.

Dont concede = dont lose.