2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Do we know for fact that it was down to Patterson leaking it, could have easily been down to one of the players who confronted Dyche when he did it.
Some Burnley fans will say Dyche was sacked at Burnley for bullying, not a dip in performance.

It's alleged Ben Mee complained to the board about how he acted around some of the younger squad members. The board spoke to other senior players and none of them backed up Dyche.

Who knows.

Maybe Patterson was flicking food across the table or rowdy drunk or even overheard slagging off how the dads army get more gametime than him.
Maybe it was a clip around the ear, maybe a ruffle of his hair or a back hander across his bonce, we probably wont know but..
A 52 year old boss should be able to handle it completely differently than any sort of physicality involved.

Some Burnley fans will say Dyche was sacked at Burnley for bullying, not a dip in performance.

It's alleged Ben Mee complained to the board about how he acted around some of the younger squad members. The board spoke to other senior players and none of them backed up Dyche.

Who knows.
Wanna back these claims up or nah?

It's the power play. Any employer slapping someone below him on the food chain, however 'playfully' is a coward and a bully.

My word, I've done a full 180 on Dyche now. Get him out of this club.
Same, playful slap or not this won't be forgotten.

Patterson is well liked around the dressing room, this can only cause harm moving forward.

I had a fair bit of admiration for what Dyche has done in incredibly tough circumstances, but he can't go around like it's the 80s and he was an apprentice making his way getting the odd clip around the ear.
Whether you're on the side of it being right or wrong to leak it, let's not be naive and pretend they're all sat in the corner of the wethies on a friday night when this happened.

This will have been behind closed doors In a private function room in Portugal. And it's the landed in the lap of the chief reporter of the mail. The chances of this getting leaked by a member of the public rather than an Everton staff member are slim to none
Quite an assumption you've made there.

Have you seen the town they're staying in? I'm amazed they've found a restaurant big enough for them all to eat at.
In any other company, a boss of 52 years of age slapping a 22 year old employee across the head in view of colleagues and the public would be a massive HR storm.
Personally if my boss did that I'd chin the [Poor language removed].
Light hearted or not, its not a done thing, making the young lad look a right tool in front of his peers.
Exactly, the humiliation probably stings more then the slap.

What a knobhead move.