2023/24 Nathan Patterson

That's simply not true though is it? Dyche is a very defensive orientated manager. Patterson's strengths are not in his defending so there's the issue I think.

Assume you dont watch our games.

Two prime examples - Villa and Burnley in the cups. Played excellently. Immediately dropped to the bench for following games.

Clearly you do watch our games ;)

Ignore him, troll account trying way too hard.

Imo, Patterson should play some part in most of our games, be that as a starter or coming off the bench. I think hes going to come good for us if he can stay injury free.
But they say they “like the lad”. Which if you ignore every single one of their other posts in the thread might be true.

I think the club think the same. Unfortunately Coleman has been injured for large periods so he isn’t getting to train/play with him which I bet we were hoping for.

Don't think he fits the system Dyche wants to play and therefore won't be able to improve. Club comes first though, if this is the style we go with unfortunately Patterson may miss out which disappoints me as I see potential and I like the lad, he has plenty about him.

Why do you think that about his development? He's played quite a lot of football here its not like he's been sat on the bench not getting any game time. I think Everton signed him as a prospect and he isn't as good as they hoped not yet at least so he's not become a big player but he's OK as a squad player. I'm not sure that loaning him out would have helped him that much and he's played a lot of games here like I said so it would have been a problem for us too.

The lad has tools, I’ve explained them in detail in this thread. But I think if you’d played the game at a decent level, you can see his in game decision making and general systemic defending needs to be honed. Arguably you could put him where Branthwaite was before his loan.

The lad has never really had a run of games week in week out in games of jeopardy beyond being a back up option, he’s never had the opportunity to make a mistake @nd learn in application the next day out, he’s never had to be relied on really and he’s never had to teaching week to week over a run of games. He needs road minutes for me, were he can get the experience he needs beyond being a back up.

I said at the start of Jan that if he wasn’t starting most games for us, we need him out on loan, similar to Branthwaite that would evolve his game, I felt it was best for the lad but also the club, because we may need to go reaching for August and I’m not sure he’s ready to play 38 games and hang your hat on him.

But they say they “like the lad”. Which if you ignore every single one of their other posts in the thread might be true.

I think the club think the same. Unfortunately Coleman has been injured for large periods so he isn’t getting to train/play with him which I bet we were hoping for.

Agreed here. It's a shame Coleman hasn't been able to play more with Nathan.

Don't think he fits the system Dyche wants to play and therefore won't be able to improve. Club comes first though, if this is the style we go with unfortunately Patterson may miss out which disappoints me as I see potential and I like the lad, he has plenty about him.

Good post. Its a shame.