2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Maldini is a bit overrated for me. Great defensive left back but didn't offer much going forward. Ashley Cole was better. Generally owned Ronaldo whenever they played and better going forward than Maldini. Would Everton have been a better team with Maldini instead of Baines? I really don't think so. Baines was absolutely fundamental to our attack for many years and was our most creative player.

This is right. Maldini waltzed around in a harlem globetrotter type team. I think it was Walters autobiography or maybe archie knox that wrote how ferguson was offered him at United but laughed at the prospect.

Sad times though when Blues don't recognise the absolute greatness of Stevens and especially Rats.

Nah, he’s just a nasty bigot, just like his mate.

Seriously bore off with the bigot tripe. Totally uncalled for simply when someone doesn't share your opinion.

Wrong thread but Leighton Baines and Gary Stevens (at their pomp) were both better than Maldini.

You have to consider that Maldini played for the best team in an ultra defensive league. Of course he looked good.
I'm starting to think this "Charlie Sweet" is strictly a comedy GOT user account

Nah, he’s just a nasty bigot, just like his mate.
Not following at all lads.

We don’t do religious warfare here. Even so, still haven’t a clue where the bigotry comes in here.

Protestants and Catholics are all welcome, however people who wish to divide others aren’t.

Those stats mean the reverse to what you think they reveal.

The fact he has all those tackles and blocks, for example, is that he's so positionally poor he HAS to make tackles in abundance and last ditch blocks.

We can all see with our own eyes how poor he is. The manager sees it too, which is why he prefers to play an out of form 38 year old LB in that RB berth until Coleman recovers.

When will the dwindling band of apologists accept that he's just not good enough.

OK Charlie ;)