2023/24 Nathan Patterson

I think he has massive potential, but the problem is that the PL is ruthless if you have any gaps in your game and other teams will exploit it.

He needs game time for experience but that comes with risks inherent to his defending weaknesses.
I wonder if shipping him off to PSV or similar for 1/2 a season for some game time at that level would be a good idea.
It's looking like Branthwaites experience there could be the making of him.

Why would we send our best right back on loah? Aside from Dyche and some warped individuals anyone can see hes better than Young.

Genuine question what makes you say the bit in bold? As it stands it is only Steven Gerard, Rafael Benitez and a few Scottish supporters that have ever seen it....

Pethaps you could...watch him play?

But......

Coleman could actually defend. Even from the start.

Patterson simply has never shown an ability to defend.

Lies one and two.

Nope. He was poor at the start. Way out of his depth. That’s why he wasn’t played in defence and was played at RM.

Spot on.

Ah so you can respond to me.

Just to reiterate where you have been shown up and refuse to acknowledge.

Coleman wasn’t a good defender when he arrived. So much so he played RM for his first full season with us (2011/12).

You have been asked about your views on how he performed defensively in that Brighton 5:1 win. You have failed repeatedly to reply. Which would indicate it flies in the face of your comment that you would be first to praise him for a good defensive display.

We made several offers in August 21 for Patterson which were rejected. We then went back for him in the January. Brands has stated he was a long term target.

Maybe just give it a rest for tonight. We won and he had a decent display when he came on.

Precisely.

Of course Coleman barely featured in his early days. I went to every game in those days and we had a settled defence. That wasn't any slight on Seamus.

I know the deal for Patterson was cooked up in August between Gerard and Benitez. No other clubs linked. What a surprise. Dodgy as hell in my book.

Lies three four and five.

Congratulations. You win idiot bingo.

I think I've said this before, but he looks how Robertson did at Hull (Apologies for the RS analogy but they are very similar). Hes raw and needs some time, but a year or two he will be class.
That Robertson rat was fantastic at Hull. Better than he is right now in fact.

Ah so you can respond to me.

Just to reiterate where you have been shown up and refuse to acknowledge.

Coleman wasn’t a good defender when he arrived. So much so he played RM for his first full season with us (2011/12).

You have been asked about your views on how he performed defensively in that Brighton 5:1 win. You have failed repeatedly to reply. Which would indicate it flies in the face of your comment that you would be first to praise him for a good defensive display.

We made several offers in August 21 for Patterson which were rejected. We then went back for him in the January. Brands has stated he was a long term target.

Maybe just give it a rest for tonight. We won and he had a decent display when he came on.
The worst thing about that purchase was that Everton offered them £5M for him at first and Gerrard took it as "an insult" and demanded Everton go away and rethink it...never ever handing him more than a couple of starts in the SPL himself!!

...then this club in all its wisdom goes back in January and pays £16M for the dud.

THAT is how we're in a mess as a club: falling for scams from dodgy clubs and paying £16M over the odds for their tat.

The worst thing about that purchase was that Everton offered them £5M for him at first and Gerrard took it as "an insult" and demanded Everton go away and rethink it...never ever handing him more than a couple of starts in the SPL himself!!

...then this club in all its wisdom goes back in January and pays £16M for the dud.

THAT is how we're in a mess as a club: falling for scams from dodgy clubs and paying £16M over the odds for their tat.
£12m.

Why are rangers dodgy?

We can’t really judge any clubs about being dodgy considering our situation since kenwright took over.

Lies one and two.

Spot on.

Precisely.

Lies three four and five.

Congratulations. You win idiot bingo.

Coleman was very average at first, but was pacy and showed promise, we sent him on loan to Blackpool to learn his trade. At one point there was even talk of swapping him for Adams, Blackpool winger at the time, later went to Liverpool, thank god we didn't. Coleman became one of the best right backs in the premier league. Not saying Patterson will be the same, but even his harshest critics will say he's got potential, apart from the 2 bigots of course, ignore those. lol

Coleman was very average at first, but was pacy and showed promise, we sent him on loan to Blackpool to learn his trade. At one point there was even talk of swapping him for Adams, Blackpool winger at the time, later went to Liverpool, thank god we didn't. Coleman became one of the best right backs in the premier league. Not saying Patterson will be the same, but even his harshest critics will say he's got potential, apart from the 2 bigots of course, ignore those. lol

Yes, i remember when he was signed and got into the team.

I would have given him more games at RB but Moyes sent him on loan and gradually he moved back into that RB role (after the dreadful european showing at LB).

Patterson funnily enough was statistically good defensively since we signed him. Hes also been levels above what we saw from Coleman when he joined.

Theres only one explanation for the hatred.

Yes, i remember when he was signed and got into the team.

I would have given him more games at RB but Moyes sent him on loan and gradually he moved back into that RB role (after the dreadful european showing at LB).

Patterson funnily enough was statistically good defensively since we signed him. Hes also been levels above what we saw from Coleman when he joined.

Theres only one explanation for the hatred.
Yep, after a loan and then a full season of playing RM for us. Because there were huge defensive inefficiencies with him. Due to his early years development in football and because of his age.

It wasn’t until late September 2012 when he started playing RB for us. Which was just before his 24th birthday. How olds Patterson again?