2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said: you need to learn to appreciate a player who has been our best RB for a good decade or so and has handed his all in for this club. If Patterson does a third of what Coleman's done then he'll have had a good career here.

Now dry your eyes.
What a comment …..you need to learn to appreciate a player . Coming from a so called fan who has done nothing but slaughter the boy before he had even kicked a ball for us. You are blinded by bigotry that was your reasoning nothing more nothing less.

Patterson will improve significantly in the coming months. He will no longer be burden by the fear of losing the ball in a side that is awful at regaining possession.

The team is different now, a very competitive midfield means he can now be more adventurous in the final third.

The same applies to Myko.

Just crop those two heads from that photo and it would be a terrific advert for constipation medicine. I thought all the lads (including Davies) were terrific yesterday, but this kid got my man of the match vote. Pickford was fabulous, but this kid, in his first merseyside derby, didn't bat an eyelid! I was very impressed.
He had a great game but no way can he be anyone’s MOTM over Pickford he made 4 or 5 match winning saves with 2/3 of them top quality match winning saves in our case a point, can you imagine Pickford wondering what he has to do to get motm if Patterson or anyone else got it, yes sorry mate you didn’t get a goal or another assist good game tho ?

I really want McNeil to win the right wing spot purely because I think he could be a key cog to unlocking this kid into becoming one of our key attacking talents. Really impressed with him so far in trying circumstances.

Well, I believe Coleman came back from his Blackpool loan when he was 21. Then I think he 'clicked' at 23.

Patterson was arguably the outfield motm in the last two games. With one being this derby against top notch opposition i think he has 2 or 3 years on Coleman.

Coleman made his international debut at 23 while Patterson I think has 10 caps already with his debut at 19. So his exposure in both domestic and international matches is already high.

He's also taller and faster from what I can see so far.
True that.
I remember the first games of Coleman. I was fuming and I was sure that he would never become good for us. Back then he had the habit of making 3-4 blunders per game. It took him quite some time to settle and it took me more to admit that I was wrong.
Compared to him Patterson is storming the place.

Comapring him with Coleman who's done it for 13 years.

Lol.
You’ve been critical of him, but I think you’ll agree with many he had a good game yesterday. Myself I still think he needs to work on his delivery into the box. But his defending has been really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.