2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think this boy looks like one of the few good pieces of business we’ve done. Definitely good enough to be in the team at the moment and will become even better. The only question about him for me at the moment is the number of injuries he seems to be picking up can’t get a good run in the team - hopefully only a mix of bad luck and body conditioning to premier league requirements.

The likes of Paterson, Garner and Onana are good prospects, shame the clubs in such a state at the moment. Not great for bringing through young players.

Mate I’ve never mentioned he’s not worth what we paid or anything else I’ve simply said he’s not ready to be a regular and could of done with a loan in the championship would of served him well and us going forward but what’s happened is an inexperienced young lad has played along with a load of other crap pros and we find ourselves in the same position as last year only slightly worse leaving it until the last game.
So with our small budget, who do you get instead?

As that’s the big part missing in your thinking. It’s not just me who is seeing your opinion as irrational, many others are also.

We needed a right back, we had limited money. We bought a young player who is on the verge of being ready and has also played very well in some games.

Stop the misery and cheer up. Instead of calling out a young professional at the start of his career.

Perhaps he would have been ready, if he didn’t have dross around him!!!

Think this boy looks like one of the few good pieces of business we’ve done. Definitely good enough to be in the team at the moment and will become even better. The only question about him for me at the moment is the number of injuries he seems to be picking up can’t get a good run in the team - hopefully only a mix of bad luck and body conditioning to premier league requirements.

The likes of Paterson, Garner and Onana are good prospects, shame the clubs in such a state at the moment. Not great for bringing through young players.
I think he looks promising when he is able to get a run of a couple games going, then he gets injured , you look at tarks who is close to thirty hasn't missed a single game exerts himself fully, I know Patterson can't be held at fault for his injuries , with our extensive injury history we need to find more tarks like players

I think he looks promising when he is able to get a run of a couple games going, then he gets injured , you look at tarks who is close to thirty hasn't missed a single game exerts himself fully, I know Patterson can't be held at fault for his injuries , with our extensive injury history we need to find more tarks like players
I've said before mate on here: the injuries and his ability to play the position are linked IMO. He;s getting strains and tears because he's having to recover from poor positioning and lack of anticipation of where danger is coming from.

This lad is never a FB for me. Play him further up the pitch or let him go out and learn the art of defending away from us, because his mistakes are costly.

I'm convinced more than ever that with Coleman entering retirement shortly and Patterson's unimpressive defending and chronic injury record that we'll be in the market for a new RB in the summer.

I think he's shown he's got the potential to be a very good Premier League right back but unfortunately his injury record means we can't rely on him to be our first choice anytime soon, especially as those who could be chosen to fill in there are useless. I think we need to be in the market for a first choice RB this Summer but unfortunately for Patterson that means he's one of those young players on the fringes of the team who gets the treatment Dyche dishes out ie ignores them most of the time.

Need 2 forwards, whatever league we play in. It was priority last summer but was ignored, and it's still top priority now.

We have, but we also need players to find those forwards.

Not sure how much we'll have to spend.

We're in a sorry state - and if we stay up this weekend, we're fighting relegation against next season with this squad.

We're in a sorry state - and if we stay up this weekend, we're fighting relegation against next season with this squad.
We have to stop prioritising other positions when we have no goals in the squad. If we don't have much to spend then put it all on strikers. You need to score to win matches at any level. We have won games before with our poor defence and midfield but have never won when we haven't scored.

We have to stop prioritising other positions when we have no goals in the squad. If we don't have much to spend then put it all on strikers. You need to score to win matches at any level. We have won games before with our poor defence and midfield but have never won when we haven't scored.

Preaching to the choir there mate but we were bottom for chances created last season, and I've not checked but we'll be bottom three again this season.

This is the big issue for me. If we stay up, and it's looking more likely now than it has for ages, we'll have little to invest in players, a potential penalty of some sort hanging over us, and a horribly unbalanced squad. We'll definitely be fighting relegation next season and if we survive that probably the season afterwards. The sad thing is that we actually had an opportunity last summer to address some of our obvious squad issues but, for whatever reason, Thelwell and Kenwright (who by all accounts appears to be involved in player negotiations for some bizarre reason) failed to do so. I'm not convinced we'll have that opportunity this summer given our financial and regulatory position.

See what you mean, but we are not rolling in money and up to our ears with FFP problems, so Patterson for me must be shown patience because in my view there is definitely a player there. In other words we have more important positions to fill like goalscorers before we fix right back.
I agree striker has cost us this season we should be safe now. I know about the problems financially we should never of got to this position with the money we’ve spent and should have more players like Patterson but with more senior players ahead of them so they can either come in sparingly with no pressure or be allowed on loan, I think he’s got something about him just not ready to be a regular in the premier league with his limited experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.