2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes my friend Irish is a race and it's own ethnic identity. Anyway. I'll continue to call out the sectarianism where I see it. There's no place for absolute bigots like @MikeH72 wanting the club rid of its Irish fans.

For Patterson ive just said hes not a world beater yet. He lacks positional sense and usually fails with his 50:50s. But he's got a great attitude and a willingness to get stuck in. In time he could be good

Reported you again for false accusations of sectarianism.

Reported you again for false accusations of sectarianism.

Unless you've deleted it you literally posted you wish all the clubs Irish supporters would be driven away once Coleman retires? Short of running round in a white sheet you're as bad as it gets. You need to stop it now Brian and stick to the football.

Yes my friend Irish is a race and it's own ethnic identity. Anyway. I'll continue to call out the sectarianism where I see it. There's no place for absolute bigots like @MikeH72 wanting the club rid of its Irish fans.

For Patterson ive just said hes not a world beater yet. He lacks positional sense and usually fails with his 50:50s. But he's got a great attitude and a willingness to get stuck in. In time he could be good

If you show the post where anyone said that, it would be a help.

In the same sense as when Americans who have never set foot in Ireland and are several generations away/down , when asked "where youre from,", they say theyre Irish?

What about the Irish from a different ethnic group? Theyre also Irish arent they?

Perhaps @MikeH72 was referring to all of the people born in Ireland who support Coleman over Everton ?

The Irish people in this thread are pure bonkers

Really hope Coleman takes them all with him when he retires hopefully this year.

Absolutely mad innit.

I took this to mean the "Irish people in this thread" not all Irish people...thats banter due to the conversation topic.

I also didnt know Irish were a race...assumed it meant anyone born there.

The way to look at how bonkers this is would be to see how many Irish posters dont rate Patterson as highly as Coleman.

Compared to how many rate Patterson over Coleman.

Should see an interesting statistic then.

We played 5 at the back and 4 in midfield. And deep. There was no problem for any defender yesterday because they had safety all over.

Are you really suggesting Patterson could snuff out Grealish under nprmal circumstances?

Pfffft!
No. That's not what I said. I said;
I think he's doing pretty well tbf
Grealish on his day is a handful for any defender
Coleman might've handled him better, as he knows him better, but not for 90min
Games like that will make Patterson better, got a yellow, struggled a little but their goal didn't come from his side and that's gotta be worth some merit
Your reply was underneath it so 'under normal circumstances' that would imply you read it

I took this to mean the "Irish people in this thread" not all Irish people...thats banter due to the conversation topic.

I also didnt know Irish were a race...assumed it meant anyone born there.

The way to look at how bonkers this is would be to see how many Irish posters dont rate Patterson as highly as Coleman.

Compared to how many rate Patterson over Coleman.

Should see an interesting statistic then.
I'm in this thread, I'm Irish, nothing bonkers about what I post on this issue
Patterson is first choice, should be first choice, lacks experience, will get experience by playing and he has Coleman's support in that endeavour.
This isn't Rocket science....older pro passing the baton to younger up and coming pro, there will be moments where we see athletic differences and/or experiential differences, that's it

Patterson is first choice, should be first choice, lacks experience, will get experience by playing and he has Coleman's support in that endeavour.
This isn't Rocket science....older pro passing the baton to younger up and coming pro, there will be moments where we see athletic differences and/or experiential differences, that's it
I'm Irish myself and would like to put it on record I agree with everything you said. I couldn't articulate better than you that's why I waited for a comment like this. ?

Anyways delighted when Patterson signed, seen him at Rangers and liked the lad, if he can reach 80% of Coleman's levels he will have had a great career. He's going to make mistakes but Seamus can come in like he did Saturday and steady the ship.

You’re mental lad

Not having any of this mate! These days I exist almost exclusively on the invective hurled at this upstart right back from “other parts” of the globe and you have the temerity to slide in on your prawn sandwich and make well-reasoned points about a long-standing, well-acknowledged problem area that needed addressing for literally years!! I honestly don’t know how you can look yourself in the mirror. Good day sir!

Happy New Year Toffees!

Status
Not open for further replies.