2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Nathan Patterson had a decent enough game today and so did our fans judging by the voting on the BBC website, he came second to Demarai Gray for player/man of the match.

Patts.jpg

I suppose it is time i fess up, Nathan is my nephew and we are all very proud of him! All he wants to be is the best footballer he can be and recently bought a house in Liverpool area. Watched him from turning down Celtic & Hearts at 8 and signing for Gers, you never think they will make it and he did . Won player of tournament at a youth tournament including Real Madrid and Barcelona. At 21 he has achieved incredible things, won a title and played at euros at 19, scored in champions league and been signed for 16 million. I enjoy the banter on here, good and bad. Mon the Blues!

I suppose it is time i fess up, Nathan is my nephew and we are all very proud of him! All he wants to be is the best footballer he can be and recently bought a house in Liverpool area. Watched him from turning down Celtic & Hearts at 8 and signing for Gers, you never think they will make it and he did . Won player of tournament at a youth tournament including Real Madrid and Barcelona. At 21 he has achieved incredible things, won a title and played at euros at 19, scored in champions league and been signed for 16 million. I enjoy the banter on here, good and bad. Mon the Blues!
Please let him know most people whos not DaveK are very impressed with him and happy hes our player. It isnt easy taking over for Coleman, but hes going it well!

Could have said this in the first place mate...we had Shane Duffy's dad on here a few years ago.

He's looking like a super player. Massive potential. Head screwed on and looks to have the winning mentality.

Once we bring in more attacking players (of high quality) we should see more effeciveness from Patterson going forward.

lol lol lol

We noticeably improved when Coleman came on. Match going fans see that. Internet cults are different.

For the millionth time I'm not knocking Patterson - he's okay - but we're better with Seamus in our ranks - for this time being at least. Frank seen that yesterday. In time Patterson will learn from his mistakes - and several near mistakes like yesterday - and will take over.

I remain of the opinion that a loan move for him would be best

Fair play. I've nothing personal against the kid and hope he's now set up with his family for life!

We noticeably improved when Coleman came on. Match going fans see that. Internet cults are different.

For the millionth time I'm not knocking Patterson - he's okay - but we're better with Seamus in our ranks - for this time being at least. Frank seen that yesterday. In time Patterson will learn from his mistakes - and several near mistakes like yesterday - and will take over.

Can't argue that he's got improvements to make, but given his age he's not going to be hitting 7+/10 every week. And being spelled by a hugely professional influence like Seamus( who unfortunately can't do it week in week out anymore)is the ideal way forward.
Those of us of a certain vintage remember that the fantastic Gary Stevens had a season or two where he was being rotated with Brian Borrows. Didn't fully develop until he was 22-3.
NP shows enough class and professionalism to earn patience on the mistakes,as he's been a bright spot on this season. Please pass that on, Burghtoffee??

Coleman is fine when we're penned in our own half against one of the best club sides in the world... Horribly limited now though, when he has to run backwards and forwards against most normal teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.